Disk not detect / Missing HDD on RPI4-4GB

• Hi,

I'am new in OMV and Linux therefore I find someone who can halp me. I have issue with my disks. Installed OMV 5 on Raspberry PI 4 with 4GB ram and connected two 3,5" HDD's WD RED 3TB each with SATA cable JMicron Technology Corp. / JMicron USA Technology Corp. JMS567 SATA 6Gb/s bridge. My problem is when I open Disk page in WebGUI, I can see only one disk /dev/sdb but in terminal I see both.

It's weird but In S.M.A.R.T. / Devices page I can see /dev/sda but when I click on add button in S.M.A.R.T. / Scheduled tests I see /dev/sdb

In another thread, someone recomended set unique label not by label but by UUID. But I really don't know how do this. And what is the best way to set this. By UUID, PARTUUID etc..

I think the best way will be probably by PARTUUID besause blkid show me same UUID for sda and sdb but I don't know how :(

Please help me :)

• You created a RAID array.

You can see it (in the console) on: md0 ---- raid1.

sda1 + sdb1 = raid1

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• OMV doesn´t support RAID for USB drives since some versions. Too much troubles with USB devices. It can be done only by command line inteface with limited support in the OMV WebUI.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I do not understand. I have installed OMV already on Raspbian with this command

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

• Offizieller Beitrag

I do not understand. I have installed OMV already on Raspbian with this command

No, if you read the guide you have installed OMV on Raspbian Desktop not Raspbian Lite, Raspbian Lite is 'headless' no desktop installing OMV on Lite will give a WebUI to manage OMV.

Desktop installs deploy 'extras' which are totally unnecessary and will conflict with OMV's operation. So there are three choices;

1) Carry on as you are

2) Remove OMV and use Raspbian Desktop which is just as configurable

3) Follow the guide install Raspbian Lite and then install OMV

in respect of the first two you're on your own as no one on here will have a solution as there simply isn't one. Option three has been tried and tested, including by myself, what we don't support is a raid configuration via USB.

• With new information I have more questions. Please be patient with me :)

So, do you think or do you know if is availible power manager in WebGUI for USB discs when I will install Raspbian Lite? And same question for SMART diagnostic.

• Offizieller Beitrag

So, do you think or do you know if is availible power manager in WebGUI for USB discs when I will install Raspbian Lite? And same question for SMART diagnostic.

AFAIK, they work but, (there's always a but) USB drives work via an interface built into the USB caddy, if the chipset supports the use of smartmontools and power options then they should work.

I see from your first post you are using a sata to usb bridge which I assume has an additional power supply, if those are JMicron you might want to check if there is a firmware update.

Another option, before you start again, get another SD card follow the guide and test, but you will have to wipe your drives, you can then test SMART and drive idle. Also with two drives use one for data and the second to run rsync overnight which in effect copies the data from the first drive to the second.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!