OMV cannot detect any of the hard drives on my RAID, BTRFS

• I booted up today and noticed all of my raid drives have dissapeard from the OMV> storage>disks page

and subsequently the raid is misssing and i cant acess any of the data on the shared folders..

I can see them in OM gui shared mount points, they are still there but OMV cant physcially select the raid drives. see pic

Strange thing is that one of the shared folder points (appdata = drive x:/ )has mapped to my OMV OS drive, so that strangley works, however all the other mount points are inacccesble. see windows finder picture. I was playing with dockers just prviosuly, do you think that would have anything to do with this hardware mounting error.

I not sure what has happened. I tried to mount a new drive and scanned the hardware, nothing new came up . Does that mean my drives are faulty or my SAS card is gone?

Will my data on my raid be safe if i rebuild them and mount into a new system???

Please help..

Thanks

im running BTRFS raid 6. OMV 5.39-1(usul) . linux 5.3.18-3-pve

• i noticed this on my OMv booting up also

not sure if it has any relevance. it looks like my sas card is not being detected at boot?

Another qustion, if i just migrate my current setup which is using the sas card to the sata connectors, to use the regular sata connectors

on my existing mother board, will i be able to mount my raid again?

and will the order i connect the drives , ie random sata connectors effect the intergrity of the raid. will i be able to access my raid array easy , or is that a long rebuilding process

• Another qustion, if i just migrate my current setup which is using the sas card to the sata connectors, to use the regular sata connectors

on my existing mother board, will i be able to mount my raid again?

Yes, disk are detected is not important the SATA order or SATA connector, and yes, once your HD'S are detected, your RAID can be mounted.

• thank you, i think ive narrowed it down to is a sas driver issue.. as this error comes out in the logs

error

mpt33sas_cm0: _base_spin_on_doorbell_int: failed due to timeout count(10000), int_status(c0000000)!

mpt33sas_cm0: doorbell handshake int failed

mpt33sas_cm0:failure at drivers/scsi/mpt3sas/mpt3sas_scsih.c:10539/_scsih+probe()!

/dev/sda1: clean, 190551/14483456 files, 2661363/57904384 blocks

does anybody know how i can updated the drivers on OMV or is it a problem with my sas card Firmware. Its has been working previously, ( i beleive it was on IT firmware too)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!