smb.conf and samba as a print server

• Hello everyone,

OMV newbie here.

I have a Raspi 4B with 4 GB of ram, on which i've been running OpenHab as a home automation platform.

Allthough the system is setup is headless, ever since i migrated to the RPi 4 from the RPi 3, i decided to make use of its "graphical prowess", so i've kept the graphical interface and whenever i have to manage anything, i either use ssh or headmelted's version of VSC in localhost with VNC. I also have not created previous samba shares as per openhab's commuity main practice- that is prior to installing openmediavault 5.0 on it.

Now i have OMV 5.0 running in parallel to OH, one day i might migrate OH into a docker but that's not the current issue at hand.

I've successfully installed hplip and cups (what a pain has been) on the same RPI.

Knowing that OMV installed Samba as one of it's dependancies, i wanted to modifiy etc/samba/smb.conf in order to use it as print server, but the file is managed by OMV and it says any change will be lost.

I'm really afraid to mess things up.

How to proceed?

Thank you!

• EXTRA OPTIONS: That was the pointer i needed!

TY Macom!

(i don't have the rpi3 anymore, and yes i'm trying to have everything in "one box" , in fact, i'm kinda regretting not going for a minipc on x86)

• lagging

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • lagging

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!