power consumption on Biostar A68N-2100E / -5600E

• Hello,

I'm quite sure that OMV will run on Biostar A68N-2100E or -5600E but I would like to know if someone use this system and can share information about power consumption in idle mode.

So it is not really a question about omv but I would like to build a NAS with OMV and power saving hardware.

• That is a really nice thing but I would prefer to power down the NAS for most of the time and power it up by Wake on LAN. AFAIK last-mentioned is not possible with Raspberry and similar boards.

The TDP of both solutions is similar. As I've read the Nanopi M4 needs a power supply with 15 W. The A68N-boards are rated with 9 and 15 W TDP.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It seems the Nanopi M4 has idle consumption below 3W. And that includes the PSU!!!

https://www.androidpimp.com/em…rry-pi-board-alternative/

RE: Which energy efficient ARM platform to choose?

With such low energy consumption you can let it run 24/7 and spin down the drives when not used.

For the A68N the power consumption will be significantly higher and will largely depend on the efficiency of the PSU.

• With such low energy consumption you can let it run 24/7 and spin down the drives when not used.

It's the same in my case :)

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• I think in the first linked thread the mentioned power consumption was over 6 W.

I have flown over the report from macom and I think, the power consumption was measured without the SATA HAT. Does anybody have measured the power consumption with SATA HAT?

My idea was a power saving system that can be powered down because most of the time it would not be used. With a good power supply the x86-system should be more energy efficient.

Meanwhile I have thought about the A68N-Boards with AMD-APUs. Over the last 10 years Intel built the better powersaving CPUs. AMD is quite dead in notebooks and embedded systems. So I have decided to take a Biostar J3160NH with stated TDP of 6W. With a pico-PSU or mini-PSU it should be as economical as a Raspberry PI 4 or a Nano PI.

Anyway the Nanopi M4 is a very nice thing and I would like to play with it but in the moment it is to exotic for me.

• Because it could help someone I give a short intermediate result.

I have combined a Biostar J3160NH (Celeron 4 x 2,24 GHz) with 4 GB DDR3, 120 W Mini-PSU (not Pico-PSU) and 12 V 2 A wall wart. The machine takes out of the wall 6 W with Mint 18.3 xfce running. Standby power consumption is about 0,6 W. Debian 10 and OMV is not installed yet.

With a BeQuiet System Power 7, 300 W it takes 10W.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!