OMV 5 don´t detect raid or disk but 4 does it without any problem

• Hello

I installed OMV 5 on a HP ProLiant MicroServer G1610T

during installation a see all raid and drive - but not after rebooting- only the Raid from the internal Controller are visible

existing Configuration:

OMV 4.1.35-1 Arrakis

HP ProLiant MicroServer G1610T

Intel Core i5-3470T, 8Gb Ram

PEXSAT34SFF [Marvell 88SE9230]

Drives:

Raid

/dev/md127 is conneted to PEXSAT34SFF [Marvell 88SE9230] controller and as you can see all SSD are in this Raid 5

BUT i see these drives only during installion of OMV 5 BUT NOT after rebooting

If i check the system the controller will be shown - but no drive or raid

With OMV 4 i have absolute no problems and everthing is running smoth

May be somebody could help me

• Sry i can't help you, but i can confirm your problem.

I have also an PCIe Adapter with an Marvell 88SE9230.

With OMV4 everything worked and also with a clean Debian 10 installation.

During installation of OMV5 (with the .iso) i see all discs and raids,

but after the first reboot, everything is gone.

I can only see the discs, connected to the internal Sata ports, but nothing connected to the Marvell PCIe card.

• Solution (for me)

I found out that CPU virtualisation can cause problems with the Marvell chip.

If you don't need it, deactivate it in BIOS.

I had the problem that my drives where reordered (sdX) between installation (Marvell worked) and regular boot (Marvell doesn't work).

After disabling VT-d and a new installation of OMV5, everything stays in place.

• Thanks a lot! I had exactly the same problem on ASROCK J4125B-ITX with Marvell 88SE9230 in PCI-E. I spent hours googling and trying everything, then finally I came across this thread. Everything works as expected with CPU virtualisation disabled in BIOS.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!