Some Problems after upgrade from v4 to v5

• Hi there!

It seems waking up my NAS doesn´t work anymore after the upgrade from omv 4 to 5.

WOL is activated in the network tab.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Also it seems that the nas now takes longer to be reachable after suspend....on omv 4 it takes only a few seconds...now it takes about half a minute...

EDIT: Ok, WOL seems to be fixed with omv-firstaid but why does it take longer till omv is reachable?

• Hi and thanks for your answer.

1. Must attache those two logs because they have to many characters.

2.And another thing i´ve noticed right now. I cant install portainer? Cockpit works but with portainer i get an error message.

3. Is it normal that i can´t activate the testing repo in the omv extras tab? After ticking the button and saving i get this message:

4.I´ve attached a picture from the filesystem screen. Is this normal?

• epicfail

Hat den Titel des Themas von „WOL not working after upgrade from v4 to v5“ zu „Some Problems after upgrade from v4 to v5“ geändert.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

1. Must attache those two logs because they have to many characters.

system-analyse looks normal to me. No job that takes very long. 30s to boot is not good enough for you?

2.And another thing i´ve noticed right now. I cant install portainer? Cockpit works but with portainer i get an error message.

DNS is ok (usually that is the cause of a problem).

Can you pull the image manually?

docker pull portainer/portainer

3. Is it normal that i can´t activate the testing repo in the omv extras tab? After ticking the button and saving i get this message:

No idea. Clear browser cache.

4.I´ve attached a picture from the filesystem screen. Is this normal?

You installed with the ISO? Then the installer created a swap partition. I do not have swap, but l think it looks like this if you have one.

• Zitat

30s to boot is not good enough for you?

YES! It´s not a boot from power off. It´s only from standby. With OMV 4 it was nearly instant reachable...just about 2-3 seconds.

Zitat

DNS is ok (usually that is the cause of a problem).

Can you pull the image manually?

docker pull portainer/portainer

Can´t test right now. I´ll check in the evening.

Zitat

No idea. Clear browser cache.

Ok, will test in the evening.

Zitat

You installed with the ISO? Then the installer created a swap partition. I do not have swap, but l think it looks like this if you have one.

Nope. Like i said. I´ve upgraded from v4 to v5. Do i need this partition or should i delete it and expand the other one with gparted?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nope. Like i said. I´ve upgraded from v4 to v5. Do i need this partition or should i delete it and expand the other one with gparted?

Then you installed OMV4 from the ISO ;)

You can just leave it there. It will be used if you are running out of RAM.

• So, i can pull the image with your command and i can see it under cockpit. The Web UI says under Status "Created" but i can´t open it. It´s just that i want to try both to decide which one i will use to manage my dockers.

Yeah i´ve installed OMV4 with the iso. But there wasn´t a Swap Partition showing in the filesystem tab.

Testing repo seems to be ok tonight. Could activate it. :D

But the real problem is the boot time from standby. It takes way too long in comparison to omv 4. Any other ideas i could check/try?

• Ok, i´ve found something. When i manually send "systemctl suspend" over ssh to my nas and wake it up, it´s almost instant online. Just like it was in omv4.

Soooo, the Standby Command in the WebUI seems to be something else. Can i change that?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!