Plex Transcoding error

• Hello there,

I installed Plex Media Server in Docker (on a Raspberry Pi 4) with the help of TechnoDadLife's video.

Everything is fine on my local network. I even reach config panel (my.dns.name:32400) through my DNS. But when I start playing any video with even 480p (tried both on my local network through Dns and on 4G with my phone), an error shows:

Conversion failed. The transcoder exited due to an error.

after loading a lot or after I fast-forward into the video.

Please help, I didn't find any solution yet. :(

Bests,

Matt

• After a restart, none of my things worked.

I checked /sharedfolders and there was just my internal SD folders.

So, I opened /etc/fstab again, copied the openmediavault rule and added it to /sharedfolders too.

After a restart, it works.

Plex, and mount, and my webserver.

Thread resolved.

• matefon

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • The problem is that the drive that you pointed the Plex docker /config to is mounted with the noexec option. The transcoders will not run this way.

See here for the fix:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PleX/…on_openmediavault_5_with/

Sorry to bump this thread but I finally got to claim my plex server using the plexinc/pms-docker image. I followed that video with DB Tech and removed the noexec but still get the dreaded Transcode Error (but not on all files within plex though some movies work). Just following this thread, do I need to unmount all of the drives before executing the noexec command?

• Post your /etc/fstab file.

Some files may require transcoding some may not, all depending on the player being used.

Unmounting is not needed.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I hope it copies OK as not sure how to post the file:

# /etc/fstab: static file system information.
    #
    # Use 'blkid' to print the universally unique identifier for a
    # device; this may be used with UUID= as a more robust way to name devices
    # that works even if disks are added and removed. See fstab(5).
    #
    #
    # / was on /dev/sda1 during installation
    UUID=e6208477-f2c8-4a07-b472-0fb038cffce2 / ext4 errors=remoun$
    # swap was on /dev/sda5 during installation
    UUID=41bd6423-3994-44a7-8642-e5132de03544 none swap sw $
    /dev/sr0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto 0 0
    # >>> [openmediavault]
    /dev/disk/by-label/Monkey /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Monkey ext4 $
    /dev/disk/by-label/Elephant /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Elephant ext4 $
    /dev/disk/by-label/Hippo /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Hippo ext4 $
    /dev/disk/by-label/Chimp /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Chimp ext4 $
    # <<< [openmediavault]

• That file post is incomplete. Most lines are truncated with the $ symbol.

Paste it into a code Code box. (click on this symbol in the blue bar </> or upload a copy of the file as an attachment.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Sorry is this better?

EDIT: And I noticed that the noexec is still on my Chimp drive - i think that is my issue?

• This disk is mounted noexec.

Code
    /dev/disk/by-label/Chimp                /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Chimp    ext4    defaults,nofail,user_xattr,noexec,usrjquota=aquota.user,grpjquota=aquota.group,jqfmt=vfsv0,acl  0 2

If that is where the host volume pointed to by the container /config is, your transcoders will not run.

If you do not specify exec or noexec in a mount statement, the default behavior is exec.

For the purpose of clarity it is preferable to specify exec rather than nothing when removing noexec. This is a matter of style, but clarity never hurts, especially if you are not aware of what the default behavior is.

--

• Thanks gderf. That was an oversight on my part. I originally had removed noexec but was then advised to keep plex container on a larger file storage so forgot to go back in and remove it for that storage.

It appears to be working.

• Please change the Subject of the original first post to include [SOLVED]

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!