Login Screen Keeps Reloading

• This morning I started having issues with my windows computers and I think I tracked it down to my OMV server needing a reboot, so I rebooted my OMV server. I have had OMV up and running reliably for many months. At the moment I can SSH into my OMV server, but now when I try to login using the web gui OMV keeps looping back to the login screen. My login is correct, when I enter an incorrect login I get the error message.

Any ideas on how I can access the web gui on my windows computer? Is there anything I can do through the SSH? If I recall it's not possible to access the web gui on the server itself.

• I hope I didn't screw things up. I used omv-firstaid and removed the cache and now when I login I get an error #0 with an exception.

Code
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}
  • I think I found the problem, no disk space (line 5 of code below). Any recommendations on how to clean drive space?? This shouldnt happen, I have ample disk space and all my dockers save their data on a /srv folder. Is there any way to list the sizes of folders on a given drive so that I can hunt for the heavy usage??

Found out it was the /var/log folder, specifically clamav and another one which I failed to write down.

So now I'm back to post #2 above. How do I fix the login error that I'm getting by using omv-firstaid apparently incorrectly??

• What is the approved process for cleaning up?? I eventually stumbled across some commands that I used in CLI but they actually didn't cure the problem, I had to physically find the problems in the /var/log/ folder and delete them myself.

• Offizieller Beitrag

find the problems in the /var/log/ folder and delete them myself.

Next time you need to check what is filling those log files. There must be something wrong.

So now I'm back to post #2 above.

Clear your browser cache.

• I have been a user of OMV for a long time. I built a new server last winter so that I could store more files on it. I downloaded version 4.X and then upgraded to version 5. I recently updated to 5.2.2. At that time I had no problems accessing the Web ui. Last week one of my older media server ,Using OMV 2, stop working. So i decided to move the media to my new server. That when I found that I had a problem login to the Web ui. Everything else is still working. i can access the media from the server using SMB to my TV boxes. I can log in the the server thru the console terminal in to linux and I can access the the server via SSH. I have tried to fix the problem using omv-startaid. I have clean out the apt folder. I found that my root drive was full due to all the old log files that the server was keeping, deleting all of the old logs. After several reboots I am still having the looping problem. I notice that when I try to login that the display show a message of waiting for the server to respond before it goes back to the login screen. checking the logs I have found from mail.err what looks to be an email that it is trying to send. in setting you the server i didn't enable the sending of message outside of the server. in one of your conversation with another user about a similar problem, they fixed it by editing the session file. which I can't find. So I need help! I could just reload the whole thing and start fresh, but that a lot of work. Any idea would be welcome.

:(:(.

• after deleting all the old logs from the root drive it is on 2% full. I had left debug on from the time shortly after building this net box with downloading the extra tools, that I later found to be a network problem.

I have look at the MTA configuration stored in /etc/postfix/main.cf. I notice that some of the information is missing.

compatibility_level = 2

mydomain = ALLHIGHTECH

mydestination =

inet_interfaces = localhost

relayhost = :25

The file /etc/postfix/recipient_cononical in empty.

Where can I find OMV_NOTIFICATION_FROM and OMV_NOTIFICATION_RECIPIENT to check who is sending the message and who is it going to. I know that I didn't fill in all the information. Figured I get back to it someday, really don't want to receive a lot of email, would prefer to send it to the server terminal. What happens if OMV has a notification and can't send it if not all the information is not there but notification is enabled?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!