Web UI not writing mergerfs changes to fstab

• Have just updated OMV to 5.4.0 and noticed that when re-configuring MergerFS in the Web UI that the fstab is not updated.

After a reboot, the changes are still in the Web UI but not in the fstab file.

Having to edit the Web UI and the fstab is not a good practice to have to do.

• This might be an "old" thread, but I have the exact same problem as the original poster. Adding or removing a path of an existing folder via the mergerfs ui in OMV 5.4 doesn't update my /etc/fstab file. Hence my /etc/fstab and the displayed configuration differ. But I found (after way too much trail and error) a work-around. By adding in the mergerfs ui a new folder with any path (I mostly use /mnt/ because it's empty) and then applying the configuration's change, the /etc/fstab is in fact updated. I then remove the newly added folder again, apply the configuration's change a second time and then everything in the /etc/fstab is as it should be according to the configuration in OMV.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Are people having the problem with the unionfilesystems plugin or the mergerfsfolders plugin?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nevermind. I think I see that editing was not marking fstab dirty in the mergerfsfolders plugin. Fix committed - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…2ab9135859bf97ba937b123c2

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!