webgui not working, 403 Forbidden nginx

• I've got a Pi3 with OMV4 on it sharing out some samba shares to my network that I use to take backups on. Just built it a few days ago, and it's been running fine, no issues. Today I got on it to just make a little script to alert me if my backups failed. Which involved installing msmtp. That's pretty much all I did. Now I can't get to the webgui, and it gives me a 403 Forbidden error. I tried running omv-firstaid, but get command not found (running as root). When I tail the openmediavault-webui_error.log, it shows a bunch of the following error:

*1 directory index of "/var/www/openmediavault/" is forbidden, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "127.0.0.1"

Anyone know what the heck might have happened? I've run apt update and apt upgrade, and rebooted, but to no avail. I can't seem to get the web gui to load.

• Maybe someone could give me a sample listing of what should be in /var/www/openmediavault, and maybe the permissions? Is that where the web root should be? It seems to me there should be more files in there. The only thing I have in there is a js directory. This is literally the only thing in /var/www/openmediavault:

./js/omv/util/i18nDict.js

Did some crap get wiped out? Do I need to start over and reinstall?

• A lot of stuff is missing. List attached.

Files

• list.txt

(86.52 kB, downloaded 366 times, last: )

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

Edited once, last by gderf ().

• A lot of stuff is missing. List attached.

Wow wft. How in the world would that happen lol. Well I suppose it wold be easiest to reinstall. Unless you know of some packages that I can just install that might put it all back in place?

Thanks for providing that list, very helpful.

• I believe a lot of what is in there either came out of the OMV installer or was generated later based on the initial configuration.

I think a reinstall is the way to go. Try doing it this way first before starting over from scratch with the iso installer:

Code
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 5.x on Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 16GB ECC RAM.

• Well, I thought that might have done it, it got me to the login page. Although with that much missing, I would imagine a bug would rear it's ugly head eventually, so figured I might just have to start over anyway. Luckily, it's a pretty base install. I install buster lite, install OMV, change a couple of basic settings, and set up some user shares. Really I could do what I'm doing without OMV, I'm mostly using it for it's ease of administering samba shares, and a few of the little tools. But I do like OMV as a nice front end management system that I can use without having to VNC into the machine or anything. Gives me a way to administer the box headless. So my reinstall won't take long. Thanks for the help. Here's the error I got after the reinstall if you're curious:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}
  • How did you go? I seem to have achieved the same disastrous outcome setting up sendmail: 403 Forbidden - Web UI - Please Help!

CPU i7-2600 | 8 GB RAM | Mobo Asus P8Z68-V LX | HP NC550SFP 10GbE 2-Port PCI-E-2.0x8 (SFP+ fibre modules) | Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch 16 XG 10GbE

OMV OS 5.6.12-1 (usul). Installed and booting USB 2.0, Swap disabled.

SAMBA shares, doubling as landing zone for Greyhole redundant storage pool service which distributes copies across each drive.

3.25 Drives (in TB) - 1,1,1,0.3,2 - 2TB drive dedicated to Timemachine.

• I believe a lot of what is in there either came out of the OMV installer or was generated later based on the initial configuration.

I think a reinstall is the way to go. Try doing it this way first before starting over from scratch with the iso installer:

Code
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

wow never thought that would work ^^ till i "somehow" fd up a couple of folders... ran your code and 10 seconds later poof all better...Thx

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!