webgui not working, 403 Forbidden nginx

• I've got a Pi3 with OMV4 on it sharing out some samba shares to my network that I use to take backups on. Just built it a few days ago, and it's been running fine, no issues. Today I got on it to just make a little script to alert me if my backups failed. Which involved installing msmtp. That's pretty much all I did. Now I can't get to the webgui, and it gives me a 403 Forbidden error. I tried running omv-firstaid, but get command not found (running as root). When I tail the openmediavault-webui_error.log, it shows a bunch of the following error:

*1 directory index of "/var/www/openmediavault/" is forbidden, client: ::ffff:127.0.0.1, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "GET / HTTP/1.1", host: "127.0.0.1"

Anyone know what the heck might have happened? I've run apt update and apt upgrade, and rebooted, but to no avail. I can't seem to get the web gui to load.

• Maybe someone could give me a sample listing of what should be in /var/www/openmediavault, and maybe the permissions? Is that where the web root should be? It seems to me there should be more files in there. The only thing I have in there is a js directory. This is literally the only thing in /var/www/openmediavault:

./js/omv/util/i18nDict.js

Did some crap get wiped out? Do I need to start over and reinstall?

• A lot of stuff is missing. List attached.

Wow wft. How in the world would that happen lol. Well I suppose it wold be easiest to reinstall. Unless you know of some packages that I can just install that might put it all back in place?

Thanks for providing that list, very helpful.

• I believe a lot of what is in there either came out of the OMV installer or was generated later based on the initial configuration.

I think a reinstall is the way to go. Try doing it this way first before starting over from scratch with the iso installer:

Code
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Well, I thought that might have done it, it got me to the login page. Although with that much missing, I would imagine a bug would rear it's ugly head eventually, so figured I might just have to start over anyway. Luckily, it's a pretty base install. I install buster lite, install OMV, change a couple of basic settings, and set up some user shares. Really I could do what I'm doing without OMV, I'm mostly using it for it's ease of administering samba shares, and a few of the little tools. But I do like OMV as a nice front end management system that I can use without having to VNC into the machine or anything. Gives me a way to administer the box headless. So my reinstall won't take long. Thanks for the help. Here's the error I got after the reinstall if you're curious:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Rpc\Exception: Failed to connect to socket: No such file or directory in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:141
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc/session.inc(56): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('UserMgmt', 'authUser', Array, Array, 2, true)
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSession->login(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('login', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/proxy/json.inc(97): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Session', 'login', Array, Array, 3)
    #5 /var/www/openmediavault/rpc.php(45): OMV\Rpc\Proxy\Json->handle()
    #6 {main}
  • How did you go? I seem to have achieved the same disastrous outcome setting up sendmail: 403 Forbidden - Web UI - Please Help!

CPU i7-2600 | 11 GB RAM | Mobo Asus P8Z68-V LX | HP NC550SFP 10GbE 2-Port PCI-E-2.0x8 (SFP+ DAC) 802.3ad Bonding | US-16-XG + UDM Pro

• OMV 6.4.6-1 (Shaitan). Installed and booting via USB 3 SATA SSD
    • SAMBA shares, doubling as landing zone for Greyhole redundant storage pool file system service.
    • 3.25 Drives (in TB) - 1,1,1,0.3,2 - 2TB drive dedicated to Timemachine.
  • I believe a lot of what is in there either came out of the OMV installer or was generated later based on the initial configuration.

I think a reinstall is the way to go. Try doing it this way first before starting over from scratch with the iso installer:

Code
    sudo apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

wow never thought that would work ^^ till i "somehow" fd up a couple of folders... ran your code and 10 seconds later poof all better...Thx

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!