Error when TGT plugin applied

• Hello,

I have fresh OMV installed on my VirtualBox.

Release: 5.4.0-1

Codename: Usul

When I click on this button

I got this error :

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-salt deploy run tgt 2>&1' with exit code '1': debian: ---------- ID: configure_tgt Function: file.managed Name: /etc/tgt/targets.conf Result: True Comment: File /etc/tgt/targets.conf is in the correct state Started: 15:13:41.333732 Duration: 41.328 ms Changes: ---------- ID: remove_target_conf_files Function: module.run Result: True Comment: file.find: [] Started: 15:13:41.375935 Duration: 1.156 ms Changes: ---------- file.find: ---------- ID: start_tgt_service Function: service.running Name: tgt Result: False Comment: The following requisites were not found: watch: file: configure_tgt_target_* Started: 15:13:41.387317 Duration: 0.007 ms Changes: Summary for debian ------------ Succeeded: 2 (changed=1) Failed: 1 ------------ Total states run: 3 Total run time: 42.491 ms

Is that because openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.3 ? Does it mean that for now it's impossible to install TGT on 5.4.0-1 ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is that because openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.3 ?

no

Does it mean that for now it's impossible to install TGT on 5.4.0-1 ?

no. working fine on my system.

What is the output of: omv-showkey tgt

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I will look at fixing this but just add a target before applying the settings. No need to apply after just enabling.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Hi Ryecoaaron,

Have another question about tgt plugin. Deployed OMV on Raspberry Pi 4, tgt had the same error during enable process but I fixed it just rebooted Pi. I'm able to create a Target, images but Windows iSCSI Initiator can't see exactly the target disks as provided on screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

Kind regards,

Igor.

• Offizieller Beitrag

gt had the same error during enable process but I fixed it just rebooted Pi.

The error where you save and apply after enabling the plugin with no targets created?

'm able to create a Target, images but Windows iSCSI Initiator can't see exactly the target disks as provided on screenshot. What am I doing wrong?

Not sure. I don't really use Windows. Maybe someone is using the plugin with Windows and can help.

• I have the exact same problem, I tried all suggested solutions; enabling setting and creating target then apply, nothing works.

The target can be created, but the tgt.service failed to start.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have the exact same problem,

You don't have the exact same problem. The tgt service is failing to start on your system which usually means a bad setting. What version of OMV? Obviously, it is an RPi (does anyone use anything else anymore??) but what version? What is the output of:

sudo journalctl -u tgt

Edit - I looked at your screenshot of the database and you didn't fill enough of the fields.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Obviously, it is an RPi (does anyone use anything else anymore??)

This one made my day, :D

Joking.... ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

This one made my day,

I have many of them myself.

• I have not much experience with Linux, that's why I miss some data.

Anyway, that is the output of "sudo journalctl -u tgt"

I appreciate your help.

• I also get an error when creating image , add path:

Code
    Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='79684322-3eac-11ea-a974-63a080abab18']'.

OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[uuid='79684322-3eac-11ea-a974-63a080abab18']'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/folderbrowser.inc(78): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.fil...', '79684322-3eac-1...')
    #1 [internal function]: Engined\Rpc\FolderBrowser->get(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('get', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('FolderBrowser', 'get', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}
    • Offizieller Beitrag

that's why I miss some data.

You need to add that data for the service to start. The backing store is the most important part of the target. It tells the target where to store data. Usually that would be the path to an LVM logical volume or an image file (hence why there is an image tab).

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also get an error when creating image , add path:

It is impossible to help you if you don't tell what settings you are putting in. The plugin doesn't have many guard rails. You should read some tgt how tos on the internet to understand more how it works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!