Error when modifying SMTP settings

• I am trying to change the smtp settings in the Notification section for sending of emails and when trying to apply the settings i am getting this error, not seemingly related to email notifications.

Any idea what could be wrong?

HP Proliant Microserver Gen8, E3-1265Lv2, 16 GB ECC RAM, 3x WD RED 3TB + 1x WD RED 4TB + Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD.

Powered by Proxmox VE

• This makes me wondering. Is it possible that you are using an incorrect monit package. What is the output of

Bash
    # dpkg -l | grep monit
    # salt-call monit.summary nut-monitor
    # salt-call monit.monitor nut-monitor
  • see below. the last two commands don't say much as i cannot enable the nut service due to the above error.

HP Proliant Microserver Gen8, E3-1265Lv2, 16 GB ECC RAM, 3x WD RED 3TB + 1x WD RED 4TB + Crucial MX300 525 GB SSD.