"NAS login: [ 18.862314] [drm:radeon_vga-detect [radeon]] *ERROR* VGA-1: probed a monitor but no|invalid EDID"

• Hello.

I installed OpenMediaVault on an N54L.

Unfortunately I get the following error message:

NAS login: [18.862314] [drm: radeon_vga-detect [radeon]] * ERROR * VGA-1: probed a monitor but no | invalid EDID

[29.102255] [drm: radeon_vga-detect [radeon]] * ERROR * VGA-1: probed a monitor but no | invalid EDID

Etc..

I connected an old Hyundai VGA monitor via the only port VGA.

What can I do?

Thanks,

Tobias Claren

• I've already seen the topic. Doesn't help me. That doesn't look like a real solution.

A "hack"? I should remove the SDD again, and then change data in files with a live Linux CD in another PC?

What is the reason for this "error"? How can I change the cause?

I thought, the N54L is a very common or popular system (?). Why is there this error?

I may have to try a different software :-( .

• I've already seen the topic. Doesn't help me. That doesn't look like a real solution.

All I did was search for the error, it just so happened that one of the results came back here, but they all suggested the same solution.

I thought, the N54L is a very common or popular system (?). Why is there this error?

I have an N54L, I've had it for just over 12 months, my original server was an old commercial server running OMV3 and I upgraded to 4, then moved to the N54L, the only config change I made was the networking. I have also run the bios hack on mine and I boot from a USB flash drive connected to the internal usb.

Since using the N54L I have connected a monitor twice, once during the initial change of hardware and bios update, the second time when I added additional drives but I have never encountered your error.

You can do this via a live CD on the N54L or you should be able to edit the file during the boot process at the kernel menu screen by pressing e, there is information out there and on here on how to do that.

I have yet to move to OMV5 but I shall do a clean install, but that install will be done on an old laptop to a usb flash drive then plug the drive into the N54L with no data drives attached and then just configure the networking.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!