Rebuild my OVM NAS upgrading HW, motherboard, CPU.

• I have NAS build on Intel motherboards and Intel Core i3 second generation (2012).

Now I'd like to upgrade my hw with a new one motherboards and new cpu nine generation due to the fact that I have sata ports problems on old one.

My actual system has 4 discs HDD Sata in Raid1 (2 HDD in Raid1 + 2 HDD in Raid1) and a single boot disk.

Every time I have had to re-install a clean OVM sw, I found my Raid without problems. I have had to recreate userid, share file systems, definitions, SMB/CIF sharing and so on, but I every found my Raid (somethime OVM recovered a Raid because I have had one disk non clean, but never I got problems).

OVM is a very strong product.

Now my question:

If I move my RAID1 Disks (each two raid1 disks) on a new clean installation (on new motherboard and with new CPU), could I have problems?

If I will change motherboards I will have a new one of other supplier, other BIOS, and different RAID Options.

In my actual configuration I have set Raid into Bios and the first time I have had to install Disks, I have had to configure a Raid1 for each couple of disks but just the first time.

If I will change motherboard, I risk to loose Raid settings on disks or to lose data?

I will have to follow some procedure or some tricks to avoid to damage the data stored on HDD?

Thanks a lot

Regards

• it might not be the same case as yours but my NAS used to be running arch linux with linux raid on it, after migrating to OMV, it just snappy and was able to detect the drives as part of a raid and was able to mount them back in as if nothing happens.

I think this is the same case here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!