Operation not permitted applying ACL for folder

• Hello guys, I've been having issues trying to save ACL permissions for a shared folder in my OMV5 installed in the raspberry pi and when trying to apply the changes from the Modal window, after several loading I get the next error:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; chown --recursive root:users '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-2TB/' 2>&1': chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-2TB/aquota.user': Operation not permitted chown: changing ownership of '/srv/dev-disk-by-label-2TB/aquota.group': Operation not permitted

I tried stopping the quota service(read it in another thread) but it didn't worked, what can I do to fix this and be able to update ACL privileges? Thank you all!

HoSNxhZ.png

• Offizieller Beitrag

Don't know how you do that but you're in the wrong file path, you shouldn't never be there. The shared folders are located below /srv/dev-disk-by-label-2TB, e.g. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-2TB/foo.

Beside the above mentioned problematic i'm wondering why root can't change the privileges for the file, although the quota service is not running.

• Don't know how you do that but you're in the wrong file path, you shouldn't never be there. The shared folders are located below /srv/dev-disk-by-label-2TB, e.g. /srv/dev-disk-by-label-2TB/foo.

Beside the above mentioned problematic i'm wondering why root can't change the privileges for the file, although the quota service is not running.

Thanks for the response votdev:

what do you mean with wrong file path? which one? I'm wondering the same.

The problem I had was that after creating an user, and give permissions to that user to read/write in the shared 2TB SMB, I login with that credentials to the shared network folder but when I try to delete or add new files from the Windows explorer it says that I don't have permissions, after some reading I found something that indicated that the fix could be in the ACL read/write permissions, but when I want to activate/apply them I get the previous error..

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ah i see everything is correct with the path. Had to look on the screenshot again to find out how everything is associated. To fix your problem you have to uncheck the 'recursive' checkbox when you select the root of your share '2TB'.

But then you need to apply the privileges for each subfolder which is a lot of work according to your screenshot and the huge number of subfolders.

• Ah i see everything is correct with the path. Had to look on the screenshot again to find out how everything is associated. To fix your problem you have to uncheck the 'recursive' checkbox when you select the root of your share '2TB'.

But then you need to apply the privileges for each subfolder which is a lot of work according to your screenshot and the huge number of subfolders.

Okay, I see. Maybe the problem I'm having is that when I sharedfolder my 2tb hdd there was already created folders with files, the error might be if I'm trying to delete files/folders that were there before omv? Does this sound correct?

Also I added my user to the group sambashare and now I can delete some folders(series,movies for sonarr, radarr) that are managed my docker/omv.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!