RPI4 Quad says hat

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any thought?

There is a reason OMV doesn't let you include USB devices in a raid array - you shouldn't do it. The hat (i have one) doesn't do magical things to make it good for a raid array.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There is a reason OMV doesn't let you include USB devices in a raid array - you shouldn't do it. The hat (i have one) doesn't do magical things to make it good for a raid array.

Thanks for the reply. OMV doesn't appear to be what I need if it cant run raid on this device. Since the device does support software raid 0/1/5 per the manufacturer, I guess I'll be forced to do it manually. Thanks for the info.

• Offizieller Beitrag

OMV doesn't appear to be what I need if it cant run raid on this device

No one said you can't run raid on the device. If you create the array from the command line, you can do everything else from the web interface. I really don't know why you want to though. There is nothing redundant about this board. You can pool disks and use snapraid for redundancy which is a much better idea for arm devices.

Since the device does support software raid 0/1/5 per the manufacturer, I guess I'll be forced to do it manually

Anything "supports" raid when you are using mdadm. That doesn't mean it is a good idea. What is really disappointing about the hat is the hack needed to make the drives look like separate disks (unique serial numbers). The nano pi m4 with quad sata hat is a much better board and is not using USB.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi,

in my case (JMicron JM20337 USB PATA/SATA bridge on Orangepi PC2 with OMV5) the generic env ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="JMicron" in the troubleshooting sectiondid not work and I had to change the rule as follows:

Code
    KERNEL=="sd*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="152d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2338", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", PROGRAM="/root/serial.sh %k", ENV{ID_SERIAL}="USB-%c", ENV{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}="%c"

where idVendor and idProduct are simply coming from lsusb command output

latimeria Could you please run the command udevadm info --query=all --name=/dev/sdX for one of your disks and post the output here.

• votdev

....sorry I've been away for a long period

• I have the same problem with 2 HDs on JMicron controllers which cannot be seen in OMV. I tried the fixes in the rules-files as mentioned above but still no luck.

Any ideas?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

OMV5 on ProLiant N54L (AMD CPU)

• I have the same issue with JMicron controllers. Tried all of the above with only partial success. One of 2 HDs is recognised as a disk but not in Smart and not in Encryption plug in. The second disk is not visible anywhere.

Are there any more fixes for JMicorn?

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am now on OMV 5.5.7 buy still not working, the disk list mask just shows one disk with the wrong serial number ( I have attached a pic above). I will test again the solution that was working posted above.

I can not test it because i do not own such hardware, so someone else MUST contribute a working pull request.

• I gave up and swapped the sata controllers to non JMicron. Cost me gbp10. Works perfectly since then. I’d say Just try to avoid JMicron. It’s not compatible and the time is not worth it.

OMV6 i5-based PC

OMV6 on Raspberry Pi4

• Offizieller Beitrag

just made a test even if my issue was solved in https://github.com/openmediavault/openmediavault/issues/839

don't merge it please as it screwed up my system again, see below

Plese become familar with UDEV and try to get it working on your system so that we can fix it correct. I can't do anything without having the hardware.

If you can tell me exactly which rule is applied on your system we can test some modifications of the rule.

• Code
    # JMicron JM20337 USB PATA/SATA bridge on Orangepi PC2
    ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd*", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", \
      ATTRS{idVendor}=="152d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2338", \
    ACTION=="add", KERNEL=="sd*", SUBSYSTEM=="block", \
      ENV{DEVTYPE}=="disk", \
      ATTRS{idVendor}=="152d", \
      ATTRS{idProduct}=="2338", \

any reason why the SUBSYSTEM was changed from usb to block?

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is a difference between SUBSYSTEMS and SUBSYSTEM. SUBSYSTEMS searches the devpath upwards for a matching device subsystem name, so IMO ENV{DEVTYPE}=="disk" and SUBSYSTEMS=="usb" will never match. That's why i changed it. Could you please provide the output of udevadm info --query=property --name=/dev/sda --attribute-walk?

As you see here the interesting part is always SUBSYSTEM=block.

• ok my fault reading

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!