RPI4 Quad says hat

• Any thought?

There is a reason OMV doesn't let you include USB devices in a raid array - you shouldn't do it. The hat (i have one) doesn't do magical things to make it good for a raid array.

omv 5.5.2 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There is a reason OMV doesn't let you include USB devices in a raid array - you shouldn't do it. The hat (i have one) doesn't do magical things to make it good for a raid array.

Thanks for the reply. OMV doesn't appear to be what I need if it cant run raid on this device. Since the device does support software raid 0/1/5 per the manufacturer, I guess I'll be forced to do it manually. Thanks for the info.

• OMV doesn't appear to be what I need if it cant run raid on this device

No one said you can't run raid on the device. If you create the array from the command line, you can do everything else from the web interface. I really don't know why you want to though. There is nothing redundant about this board. You can pool disks and use snapraid for redundancy which is a much better idea for arm devices.

Since the device does support software raid 0/1/5 per the manufacturer, I guess I'll be forced to do it manually

Anything "supports" raid when you are using mdadm. That doesn't mean it is a good idea. What is really disappointing about the hat is the hack needed to make the drives look like separate disks (unique serial numbers). The nano pi m4 with quad sata hat is a much better board and is not using USB.

omv 5.5.2 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.3
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi,

in my case (JMicron JM20337 USB PATA/SATA bridge on Orangepi PC2 with OMV5) the generic env ENV{ID_VENDOR}=="JMicron" in the troubleshooting sectiondid not work and I had to change the rule as follows:

Code
    KERNEL=="sd*", ATTRS{idVendor}=="152d", ATTRS{idProduct}=="2338", SUBSYSTEMS=="usb", PROGRAM="/root/serial.sh %k", ENV{ID_SERIAL}="USB-%c", ENV{ID_SERIAL_SHORT}="%c"

where idVendor and idProduct are simply coming from lsusb command output

latimeria Could you please run the command udevadm info --query=all --name=/dev/sdX for one of your disks and post the output here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!