VDR Plugin

• No problem but it would be nice to try and get hdhomerun working in VDR I tried yaVDR but it was very difficult to setup. It seems the VDR is not easy to setup. I have been doing some tinkering with tvheadend I managed to get hdhomwrun working and analogue video working as well. This is done on a separate box.

• Running a VDR for XBMC is not that difficult.
    Of course you ned a working VDR (server), a plugin for VDR to stream the video to XBMC and a PVR Plugin for XBMC to receive the stream.

VDR Plugins to stream to XBMC: VNSI / XVDR
    And since XBMC 12 (Frodo) you can simply activate the PVR plugin inside XBMC (Settings -> Add-ons -> Disabled add-ons -> PVR)

I used the very(!) leightweight MLD (MiniDVBLinux Distribution) with only 15 mb (without any plugins) - but it is in German: http://www.minidvblinux.de
    There is even a version, which is actually still in developement, for a raspberryPi!

• Ok, so this is a plugin that gives me vdr server - check
    Now where and how do I download and install the plugin for this server that will stream to xbmc

I have my xbmc all primed and ready with a PVR plugin.

I just need to know how to make this server work with it.

Thanks

• That depends on the OS you have installed. Or - are you using a VDR distribution as yaVDR, MLD, Gen2VDR etc?
    Does your VDR already work without XBMC?

:!: Please note that this is another problem than the thread is for. Also it is no OMV related problem. So i think it would be the best if you open up another Thread - maybe in "OffTopic".

• Zitat von "WastlJ"

That depends on the OS you have installed. Or - are you using a VDR distribution as yaVDR, MLD, Gen2VDR etc?
    Does your VDR already work without XBMC?

:!: Please note that this is another problem than the thread is for. Also it is no OMV related problem. So i think it would be the best if you open up another Thread - maybe in "OffTopic".

I might be a little "dense" but I do not understand ...

This here is OMV plugin VDR plugin thread.
    In it we are talking about VDR in OMV (operating system) which runs on WHEEZY.

My questions are directly related to this issue, as I have installed the OMV plugin - VDR plugin, which as I understand it (unless I am wrong in which case please correct me), installs a server as part of its installation (I do not know which server it is).
    I would like to make this OMV VDR install work with my XBMC.

I previously installed TvHeadend, but every time (like 6-10 times) I messed my OMV install (unsure if its because of its dependencies or other issues), so I thought I would go the easy route and try this VDR.
    I do not have any experience with the VDR server, plugin, or whats needed for it to work with XBMC.
    I also do not know how to see if it works, I wish I was able to see my channels via WEB or windows client but I do not know how.

In short, I have OMV, This plugin, and XBMC, I need them all to connect.
    Hope this clears it up...

• Zitat von "Cpoc"

No problem but it would be nice to try and get hdhomerun working in VDR I tried yaVDR but it was very difficult to setup. It seems the VDR is not easy to setup. I have been doing some tinkering with tvheadend I managed to get hdhomwrun working and analogue video working as well. This is done on a separate box.

Can you tel me how did you do to install the hdhomerun driver ? I've been trying for a month now and still not working !!!

• I thought you were using another VDR distribution - sry! :D

I haven´t tried the VDR plugin. Maybe I can find some time this weekend. Got an old TeVii S470 (DVB-S) that should work pretty nice in my HP N40L. After i get this to work, i can test it with XBMC. Just gimme some time ;)

• Looks like my DVB/S2 card is damaged. I do not find it via "Check for Connected Devices". Just installed a VDR to test ist. Same result - card does not work. Therefore i cannot test it :roll:

But somebody - maybe one where it already works - can try this:

VDRAdmin-AM Panel --> Configuration --> Streaming --> "Stream LiveTV" to YES.
    Looks like there is already a Streamdev server integrated...

• This does not necessarily mean that your device is broken. It might also mean that there just isn't a driver for your device in the kernel. What is the make and model of your card?

• :!: Server properties :!:
    There has been a lot of conversation about server properties. At this point the plugin does not include any kind of streaming server. Work is underway to add streamdev-server that enables http streaming. Should be ready in a week or two.

If you are in a hurry you can install it manually from the shell. When the plugin is updated your settings will get reset and this can also cause other problems.

Code
    apt-get install vdr-plugin-streamdev-server

If someone needs to install vnsi server it can be done from the shell. When the plugin is updated your settings will get reset and this can also cause other problems.

Code
    apt-get install vdr-plugin-vnsiserver

I don't have any experience with vnsi so I cannot help further. I'll put it on the list as a requested feature.

• Tried to simply copy the firmware:

Code
    wget -c http://tevii.com/tevii_ds3000.tar.gz
    tar xfv tevii_ds3000.tar.gz cp tevii_ds3000/dvb-fe-ds3000.fw /lib/firmware/

But i realized that this should work since kernel 2.6.33 - but as i can see we´re on 2.6.32...

Maybe I´ll try to compile the s2-liplianin drivers...

Device is an old Tevii S470.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would try installing the backports 3.2 kernel first. There is a button that does it for you on the omv-extras plugin.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Haha ryeco - too late! Remembered that there was a button. Already clicked it 5 mins ago! ;)

A picture says more than thousand words:

AND: I confirm it works. DVB-S2, Tevii S470 with Backports 3.2 kernel.
    Just recorded my first 30 seconds ;)

• So when trying to uinstall vnsi plugin I get:

And then when I try to add the dependency I get

What now?

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "WastlJ"

Haha ryeco - too late! Remembered that there was a button. Already clicked it 5 mins ago! ;)

Glad to hear :)

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!