duplicated OMV extras in web gui & prereq_nginx_service_monit error after upgrade to OMV 5.4.2-1

• I have updated my OMV 4 to the current version 5.4.2-1 with the following short instructions.

RE: OMV 5.0 - finally out! :-)

Afterwards I can log in to the Web-GUI, but there I see 2x OMV extras. One of them works, the other one generates an RPC error message. This error message also appears when I go to the System Information section.

Code
    Fehler #0:
    OMV\HttpErrorException: RPC service 'OmvExtrasOrg' not found. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc:100
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('OmvExtrasOrg', 'getStyles', Array, Array, 1)
    #1 {main}

In the console I get an error message regarding 'omv.deploy.monit.services.collectd' with the omv-salt commands for nginx and phpfpm.

I have reinstalled both omextras and openmediavault with all plugins. I also cleared the GUI cache with omv-firstaid and also cleared the cache in my browser. OMV-Update did not solve both problems either. Nothing suitable is logged in the syslog.

What else can I do to make both problems disappear?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Clear your browser cache.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

With all due respect:

Yep, I'm lazy. Sometimes to save time, I don't read the whole post when I see the same thing over and over and over... When the system is looking for omvextrasorg, that means old code since it should be looking for omvextras.

What is the output of dpkg -l | grep openm

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• @ryecoaaron

No problem. ;) Everyone reads over something. Especially if it sounds like a problem that has been mentioned several times.

Below is the list of installed packages. I had also searched it for duplicates, but found nothing.

Code
    ii  libopenmpt0:amd64               0.4.3-1                             amd64        module music library based on OpenMPT -- shared library
    ii  openmediavault                  5.4.2-1                             all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-autoshutdown     5.0.4                               all          OpenMediaVault AutoShutdown Plugin
    ii  openmediavault-diskstats        5.0.5-1                             all          openmediavault disk monitoring plugin
    ic  openmediavault-jdownloader      3.2.3                               all          OpenMediaVault Jdownloader plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring          1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-minidlna         5.0.4                               all          OpenMediaVault miniDLNA (DLNA server) plugin
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg     5.3.1                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-wol              3.4.2                               all          OpenMediaVault WOL plugin

In which paths do I find the appropriate configuration files that are responsible for the RPC services? I would try to remove references to the old omvextras.org (4.x).

A note in passing: I originally started with OMV 3.x, then updated to 4.x without any problems and now when updating to 5.x these small problems occur.

Apart from the messages, OMV 5 works as desired. It would be great for me if I could eliminate the little things.

• Offizieller Beitrag

openmediavault-jdownloader

You need to purge this - apt-get purge openmediavault-jdownloader

In which paths do I find the appropriate configuration files that are responsible for the RPC services? I would try to remove references to the old omvextras.org (4.x).

I don't know how the 4.x code from omvextras could still be installed since the 5.x version is installed but if /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/omvextrasorg.inc exists, it should be deleted and omv-engined restart monit restart omv-engined

• I have removed the OMV JDownloader plugin. Actually omvextrasorg.inc. still existed. I deleted it and restarted engined afterwards.

Then I emptied the cache of the Web GUI via omv-firstaid and also the local browser cache. The errors in the GUI still occur.

Code
    omv-engined -d -f

is without errors.

Code
    omv-salt deploy run nginx 

still returns the known error regarding OMV Monit.

Code
    Rendering SLS 'base:omv.deploy.monit.services.collectd' failed: Jinja error: Object of type StrictUndefined is not JSON serializable

What else can I do?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What else can I do?

Not enough output. I don't know what the known error with monit is either. Does the web interface work? The first thing I would do is disable monitoring if it does. Have you rebooted? Sometimes you can have more than one engined running if you are manually invoking it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!