Using Flash Memory and Separate Dedicated Swap Drive

• I have OMV installed on a USB stick, and had previously used the flash memory plugin to help increase the life of the drive. I now have access to a HDD (that for some reason wouldn't hold linux on it, got erased on every reboot) which I am now using as a dedicated swap drive. Do I still need to use the flash memory plugin? I have updated fstab to use the new drive, but left the OS drive as instructed on the plugin settings page.

Thanks.

• I would leave it on to save the writes to the USB (that is what you are trying to save with the flash memory plugin anyway)...using a HDD as swap is still a good thing

Thanks. I don't really understand what the plugin actually does anyway. Which data does it prevent from being written to the USB?

• Offizieller Beitrag

It moves these directories to tmpfs (ram) - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ashmemory/default.sls#L40

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Well, after 24 hours of going round in circles, I've finally got flashmemory installed.

One of the big things I've learned over the years with Linux is that unless you are told to change something, don't.

Nobody mentioned that to get flashmemory to show up, you have to turn testing repo on.

Over the hill & picking up speed on the long downhill unto death.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!