FTPS security question

• Hello guys,

finally i have my small nas setup complete at home and was thinking about some security issues regard FTPS service.

My intent is to acces from WAN to my ftp shared folder with a friend, now Ftp is reachable and works like a charm: my friend can correctly read and write on the shared folder with filezilla, my router is reachable with DDNS service and works perfectly.

Now I want to add more security, because now I had my ftp port opened on the router and I was wondering if FTPS is a good idea regarding this: i mean setting up a connection with TLS/SSL with FTPS is a good way to remove attacks from external connections? Or just a VPN is the right way to be prepared to attackers?

From my understanding i can setup a secure connection so just certificated user can get access to my ftp, but is that a good protection for router? Is it enough ?

Thanks to all of you guys!

• pinball wizard

Hat den Titel des Themas von „SFtp security question“ zu „FTPS security question“ geändert.
  • If you want protection at the router and your router and clients can meet certain requirements, then restricting connections to a list of IP addresses would be helpful.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks a lot man!

In the end I discovered the SFTP plugin and i decided to use it with key login and higher port access, this sounds quite sure for now, not the best, but i suppose quite secured!

Thanks for support!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!