plexmediaserver broken after last update

• I had a perfectly good plexmediaserver running for a long time.

during the last update, the installation crashed halfway through and i have been getting the unavailable resources issue as described below.

Plex cannot start "because of unavailable resources or another system error"

i have

- removed openmediavault-plexmediaserver and plexmediaserver

- deleted plex user

- removed /var/lib/plexmediaserver and /media/xxx/plexmediaserver

- performed a fresh install

I have done the above steps almost 10x already.

the install goes successfully, but when selecting the database volumne for the library to move to, the system gives the below error

the other thing of notice is

Code
    HTTP error requesting POST http://127.0.0.1:32600/devices/discover (7, Couldn't connect to server) (Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 port 32600: Connection refused)
    €‹Transcoder: Error cleaning old transcode sessions: boost::filesystem::directory_iterator::construct: No such file or directory: "/var/lib/plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Cache/Transcode/Sessions"
    WARN - Request for plug-in [com.plexapp.agents.plexthememusic] but it doesn't exist.

this guy seems to suggest the problem is with a

plexmediaserver.service: Failed with result 'signal'.

• You don't say what version of OMV you are on. But if it is v 3.x you may be in a bad situation because it is EOL and the OMV and Debian repos are shuttered. This may make it difficult to recover from.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• gwaitsi

Hat das Label OMV 4.x hinzugefügt.
  • is plex abounded?

If you meant abandoned, definitely not. Current version is 1.19.2.2737 which I updated to yesterday. I run in a docker.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• well... it doesn't work on 4.x.

i have deleted all the directories, removed the plugin, deleted the user and performed a fresh install.

1) I figured out the "no soup" problem was the default access limited to the same subnet. But now i can't even try to tunnel in, because it does fire up at all.

2) It was also failing because of the plex group, so it is necessary to delete the userdel plex and groupdel plex. ???

So, as a result of a bad upgrade, i've had to trash everything and install again. even group usr / group memberships.

Wouldn't it make sense to have some checking for existing user/group and to cater for that?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!