My Asrock motherboard does not boot without a display?

• I just bought a Asrock Z77E-ITX motherboard to use for my OMV server. And it works great. But I am having issues when rebooting the computer. It will not boot, and I think it might be related to it not detecting any monitor. Is it required by this motherboard to have a display connected for it to boot at all?

Because last night when looking for what the issue was I plugged in a monitor and it booted fine, and rebooted fine. Then I unplugged it and rebooted, and it would not boot, is just "retried", shut off and started again.

If this is the case. Is there any way to disable the need for a monitor to be able to use this motherboard headless?

I also thought it might be the RAM, but I tried with just one RAM and I got the same result. Also it does work great once it has booted. I had an uptime of 35 days before rebooting, and I had no issues until I rebooted.

Thank you!

• I'm not familiar with the mobo, but a "HDMI dummy plug" that emulates an HDMI device might solve that problem.

OMV 5.3.9 set up for RAID5 with (3) WD Red 4TB using repurposed Asus P8P67 i5-2500K 16GB

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!