Changing HDD

• Hello,

at the moment my HP Proliant is running OMV 4.1.

S.M.A.R.T. told me one of my four HDDs is „broken“ - it is flagged red.

So, I ordered a new HDD for my RAID5.

Can someone tell me how to remove the bad HDD from RAID5 and insert the new one instead ?

I am asking to avoid mistakes...

Thanx in advance.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Can someone tell me how to remove the bad HDD from RAID5 and insert the new one instead ?

Raid Management select the raid, on the menu click delete, a dialog will appear showing the drives in the array, select the drive to be replaced and click ok the drive will be removed from the array. The raid should now display as clean/degraded, remove the drive the system.

Insert the new drive, Storage -> Disks select the new drive and click wipe from the menu, short will be sufficient, once complete Raid Management, select the raid click recover on the menu, the dialog should show the new drive, select it and click ok, the raid should now rebuild.

DO NOT remove the failing drive from your system and insert the new one, you cannot hot swap drives with mdadm, also if the drives are in caddies or removal bays it shouldn't be necessary to shutdown.

Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?

OMV 6x amd64 running on an HP N54L Microserver

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!