Failed to start wait for network to be configured, network interface failed

• Hello, I need help

I have installed OMV5 on a raspberry pi 3b + and after rebooting while loading the following message appears

After this I enter username and password and check the configuration of the raspberry. I run the ifconfig command and I get this:

I run the ipaddress command to see the address of the raspberry and nothing appears to me

I have read in the forum that executing the following commands was solved but in my case I remain the same

sudo rm /etc/systemd/network/99-default.link

sudo omv-salt deploy run systemd-networkd

If someone could help me, why can't I find the solution

• Fixed it by myself.

OMV5 changes the network setting of the system. Fortunately these settings can be configured with the commandline tool omv-firstaid, which comes with omv.

Steps to fix:

1. its easiest to access raspi directly via console
    2. configure the network adapter to retrieve the ip-address via dhcp (we'll change it later to a static ip)
    3. install omv5 with the install script - see https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…-Developers/installScript
    4. open a terminal and execute omv-firstaid and assign your static address to your interface (run sudo omv-firstaid)
    5. open a web browser and open http://127.0.0.1
    6. Goto System - Network - Interfaces and add/remove your network adapter. Having WLAN and LAN at the same time is a bit more tricky, if a hidden ssid is used on the wlan. Because I am connected via LAN, I disabled the wlan adapter (can be done by editing the adapter and set the Method of IPv4 and IPv6 to disabled
    7. Don't forget to apply your changes

Hope that helps.

Peter

• Hi, I have the same issue. I found if I remove DHCP reservation on router, it works. But if I put back my reservation, service will fail on boot. Where is old IP (used on installation) cached and how to wipe this cache? Or how to fix this?

RPi 4b: OMV + Docker: Adguard, Home Assistant

• Thanks Peter. This helped.

When I installed the OMV V 5.x on Raspberry pi based on an article on internet, it was all working fine. However, last weekend, I tried to update raspberry pi OS using "update" and "upgrade" command from command line (using putty). And since then, the rpi lost connectivity to network. It wasn't showing on the router as a connected device. I was worried and was thinking of reinstalling the OMV 5 from scratch. I was a bit reluctant as I had all my drives mounted and shares created and mapped etc. etc. and didn't want to go through the pain.

But then came across your article. From the list of above steps, I ran thru 1-4 (except 3) and on omv-firstaid utility, I configured the Ethernet and the Wifi interfaces. Rebooted after that and "magic" :D all started working fine. Now I have got my wifi working fine as well which wasn't working before.

Thanks Again.

Cheers

Vijay.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!