Newbie question on backing up boot device

• And the time is correct? To have almost all of the certs not recognized is not something normal and caused a lot when the time is way off. Post the output of: dpkg -l | grep -E "certi|gpg"

omv 5.5.6 usul | 64 bit | 5.4 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.3.5
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Edited once, last by ryecoaaron ().

• Sorry I had a typo in post. It should be dpkg -l | grep -E "certi|gpg"

• What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

And I guess the following should fix:

apt-key adv --no-tty --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys "7AA630A1EDEE7D73"

apt-get update

• ran all of those commands but getting locked file/permission denied along the way.

• Try running dpkg as root.

just reran everything with sudo but still getting pretty much same results.

• keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure

Since the command didn't work, I wouldn't expect anything to change on your system. I have no idea what is causing this. Maybe try re-installing the ca-certificates package?? EVery damn problem is always an RPi issue....

sudo apt-get install --reinstall ca-certificates

then try the apt-key command again

• sudo apt-get install --reinstall ca-certificates

then try the apt-key command again

ok re-ran but still got the error after running sudo apt-key command: keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure

luckily this is a omv test unit as I learnt the hard way when my main omv server crashed and had to restart afresh.

i guess if you guys are out of ideas, i will do a fresh install. i was actually trying to test the backup restore process which is ironic.

• Is it not arm compatible?

Correct. While I have never tried the actual clonezilla binary on arm, the clonezilla distro will not work on arm. Arm also doesn't have grub allowing one to boot from an ISO like omv-extras sets up.

• No, this will not work. "Sync" methods copy files and folders only. They do not copy the boot track, so the drive used for the openmediavault image backup will not boot.

Files and folders will be copied. But do verify that whatever tool you use preserves the ownership and permissions of the files and folders.

Just wont to come back on this, so I get the restore OMV image and will attempt to test this out.

but on my docker image and container appdata which are on separate hard drives, whilst rsync might work to replicate these, what is the correct way if one of these hard drives go down - is it better just to install fresh docker fresh and/or paste the appdata/stack files in portainer fresh rather than using a rsync backup?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!