Newbie question on backing up boot device

• Offizieller Beitrag

Sorry I had a typo in post. It should be dpkg -l | grep -E "certi|gpg"

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry I had a typo in post. It should be dpkg -l | grep -E "certi|gpg"

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

And I guess the following should fix:

apt-key adv --no-tty --keyserver hkp://keyserver.ubuntu.com:80 --recv-keys "7AA630A1EDEE7D73"

apt-get update

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• ran all of those commands but getting locked file/permission denied along the way.

• Offizieller Beitrag

apt-key definitely needs to be run with sudo or as root. I forget to post the word sudo sometimes.

• Try running dpkg as root.

just reran everything with sudo but still getting pretty much same results.

• Offizieller Beitrag

keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure

Since the command didn't work, I wouldn't expect anything to change on your system. I have no idea what is causing this. Maybe try re-installing the ca-certificates package?? EVery damn problem is always an RPi issue....

sudo apt-get install --reinstall ca-certificates

then try the apt-key command again

• sudo apt-get install --reinstall ca-certificates

then try the apt-key command again

ok re-ran but still got the error after running sudo apt-key command: keyserver receive failed: Server indicated a failure

luckily this is a omv test unit as I learnt the hard way when my main omv server crashed and had to restart afresh.

i guess if you guys are out of ideas, i will do a fresh install. i was actually trying to test the backup restore process which is ironic.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm starting to question your SD card.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is it not arm compatible?

Correct. While I have never tried the actual clonezilla binary on arm, the clonezilla distro will not work on arm. Arm also doesn't have grub allowing one to boot from an ISO like omv-extras sets up.

• No, this will not work. "Sync" methods copy files and folders only. They do not copy the boot track, so the drive used for the openmediavault image backup will not boot.

Files and folders will be copied. But do verify that whatever tool you use preserves the ownership and permissions of the files and folders.

Just wont to come back on this, so I get the restore OMV image and will attempt to test this out.

but on my docker image and container appdata which are on separate hard drives, whilst rsync might work to replicate these, what is the correct way if one of these hard drives go down - is it better just to install fresh docker fresh and/or paste the appdata/stack files in portainer fresh rather than using a rsync backup?

• I ran into a similar issue:

I did backup my SD Card (with SD Clone on mac) and then reinstalled it on a faster SD Card with the same size (Sandisk) - Technically it worked fine, but when I now open OMV and perform an update or change settings it takes for ages until the task is completed.

Is there any way to find out what causes this lag?

• Every OMV install, even normally working ones, will display that mdadm warning message. You have other problems. But you don't say exactly how you wrote the image to the disk.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• When you made the backup image are you sure you used the correct source?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• When you made the backup image are you sure you used the correct source?

Yes but the one from 11-22 was corrupted but the one from 11/15 is actually working, but I was expecting having my portainer installed on that one since I am not able to reinstall it but no luck gonna try the 11.01.2020.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!