nothing work after reboot

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are using dhcp, the IP address will change because of the change in network service. I just tested this on an RPi4b.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you are using dhcp, the IP address will change because of the change in network service. I just tested this on an RPi4b.

tnx for your reply but no, the router can't see the raspberry after reboot. I have set up a static ip from the router but the raspberry don't connect after reboot (so we can understand why don't work ssh also)

• i did not set any static ip but rhe router does not pick up any device on the network at all. it looks like the raspberry did not connect to the local network at all...

• Offizieller Beitrag

What address is resolving on the system you are trying to connect with? And when you login locally to the RPi, what is the output of: ip a

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• If you are using dhcp, the IP address will change because of the change in network service. I just tested this on an RPi4b.

Could you please tell us what the new IP address would be? By now I've given up on OMV5 for my Raspberry Pi3B+ as neither updating nor re-installing works. The device just completely drops from the network. I verified this a couple of times with a pretty aggressive network/port scanner and it just isn't there anymore. It may decide to change its IP address to some other subnet, but that is just a bit too much address space to hunt in.

EDIT: And in the case of updating, the IP address was fixed, not using DHCP.

• I think is a software bug. router can't see raspberry connection after installation and reboot of OMV. before reboot and after installation all work (OMV also.)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you please tell us what the new IP address would be?

As I just discovered, the RPi3 (and probably 2) uses predictive device naming where the RPi4 does not (where I do my testing because the 2/3 are very slow). So, your device is not getting an ip address because the network adapter name changed. Adding a udev file fixed that but I need to do more testing on non-rpi boards. To fix your device, run the follow command:

sudo ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules and reboot

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• As I just discovered, the RPi3 (and probably 2) uses predictive device naming where the RPi4 does not (where I do my testing because the 2/3 are very slow). So, your device is not getting an ip address because the network adapter name changed. Adding a udev file fixed that but I need to do more testing on non-rpi boards. To fix your device, run the follow command:

ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules and reboot

I had to use sudo before the command but everything now works on my Pi 3B.

Thanks!

• Thanks, would that be for the upgrade, the clean install or both?

I will let you know the results when I'm done, but that will take at least a couple of hours as I first need to fix diner for my wife and sons.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I had to use sudo before the command but everything now works on my Pi 3B.

Added. I forget that people don't automatically add sudo when not using root. Glad it is working. There is 3 hours of my life I won't get back :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Thanks, would that be for the upgrade, the clean install or both?

The script is adding it. I probably should add it for the upgrade as well.

Edit - upgrade instructions have the code now too.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The updated instructions checks for the file and deletes it if it exists. If ls -al /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules is pointing to /dev/null, then you don't need to do anything.

In the GUI? Not sure what you mean.

• The updated instructions checks for the file and deletes it if it exists. If ls -al /etc/udev/rules.d/80-net-setup-link.rules is pointing to /dev/null, then you don't need to do anything.

In the GUI? Not sure what you mean.

tnx for your work, now all work well. thanks a lot!!!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!