SSH Access denied

• For windows I would recommend PuTTY, many people use this on windows, there is a version for Linux.

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am using the terminal in Ubuntu 18.04. Or cmd in Windows 10

OK same as me then, so do ssh root@<hostname> or <ip address> of OMV then you get the password prompt, type in the wrong password and you get Permission denied, please try again. Do that three times and you get Permission denied (publickey, password)

• OK same as me then, so do ssh root@<hostname> or <ip address> of OMV then you get the password prompt, type in the wrong password and you get Permission denied, please try again. Do that three times and you get Permission denied (publickey, password)

Yes. I get that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. I get that?

The the issue is the password, for me to get those errors I have entered rubbish as the password, but I have a user set up for me and I have just added myself to the ssh group and I can login with my user name, I can even change my password and I can ssh in.

• The the issue is the password, for me to get those errors I have entered rubbish as the password, but I have a user set up for me and I have just added myself to the ssh group and I can login with my user name, I can even change my password and I can ssh in.

Yeah I get that. But as I already wrote earlier, I have also tried creating a new user and added it to the ssh group. I am 100% sure about the password for this user. But still I cant log in.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am 100% sure about the password for this user. But still I cant log in.

You know you can change a users password in the WebUI, Access Rights Manager -> User, select the user click edit on the menu, type in a new password then confirm the password, save, apply.

• you can try it:

So, my attempt would be now - to start up via the console, i.e. connect the screen and keyboard and then:

and changing:

PermitRootLogin no -> to PermitRootLogin yes

(when done push STRG+X and "Y" followed with Enter).

finaly restart SSH - sudo systemctl restart sshd

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aux ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

According to him however... he's also tried creating a user and adding said user to SSH group, and he can't SSH w/ that user either (did you restart SSH after doing this?)

It seems to me it's pretty clear his password is wrong.

• It seems I have hacked this issue.

1) Go to access rights management

2) doubleclick the user, in the tab groups - check ssh group

3) then - IMPORTANT! - enter uour password in two boxes in the tab user.

Now you can enter the ssh with the password

PS - root access is denied "user is not in the sudoers file" - PPS solved by adding the user in sudo and root groups

• I had this exact problem. On Raspberry Pi OS. It occurred after I installed OMV 6. Before installation I was able to SSH into command line from a Windows machine. That was how I installed OMV. (Need to install Pi OS through a connected monitor/keyboard.) Afterwards I received the "access denied" message when attempting to log into the Pi command line through SSD. Yes, the password was correct! I went into the user's profile through OMV admin (Users > Users > click on name > Groups) and checked SSH. It now works as before. I did not need to enter a password anywhere (did not understand that comment), just confirm apply. (Did not need to add root.)

• OMV provides a more secure sshd config over what is distributed with the Raspbian OS. It requires that the user is in the group ssh.

See directive AllowGroups root ssh in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

This may come as a surprise for people who are used to ssh as user pi before.

If you got help in the forum and want to give something back to the project click here (omv) or here (scroll down) (plugins) and write up your solution for others.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!