Help with installation

• Hello everybody, I am a newbie in omv world. I installed it yesterday on an old pc on debian (32bit with intel atom n270) in order to create a mini movie library for my home. I want to install docker but I faced some issue. I used the install button on OMV extras tab and it is installed but it is not showing up in the services like it should be. Omv extras tab shows that it is not installed but when I click the install button a message says that it is already installed. How can I fix that?

• Your pics don't have enough info. You can cut&paste from those windows. With OMV 5.x, Installing docker from omv-extras docker tab does not install a plugin. It just installs docker. If you need a web interface, install portainer. There is a button in the docker tab to open the portainer web interface. So, just click the Install button in the Portainer menu. It will install Docker if not installed as well.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6
    omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• s far as i could gather from the op he installed omv on a i386 system and if i understood the omv-extras code correctly the status gets checked against the docker-ce ( docker status check ) but installs the docker.io package ( docker install )

Good point. I was thinking that the OP was looking for the docker plugin icon in the left menu tree. I will fix that status but everything should still work.

omv 5.6.13 usul | 64 bit | 5.11 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.6.2 | kvm plugin 5.1.6

• Your pics don't have enough info. You can cut&paste from those windows. With OMV 5.x, Installing docker from omv-extras docker tab does not install a plugin. It just installs docker. If you need a web interface, install portainer. There is a button in the docker tab to open the portainer web interface. So, just click the Install button in the Portainer menu. It will install Docker if not installed as well.

I cannot install Portainer because it is not compatible with i386

• I cannot install Portainer because it is not compatible with i386

Forgot about that as well. Haven't used i386 in forever.

I wanted to use Docker to install transmission or something else to download things with torrent

You still can if you can find an i386 image. You will just have to use the command line and/or docker-compose.

• I had installed docker in my OMV4 install (only for plex) and removed it for my preference of the plex plugin (no longer available in OMV5)

I recently upgraded to OMV5 from 4 and the docker component refuses to install. (don't know if the above is relevant)

i've tried uninstalling the plugin from gui, dpkg purging, etc. tried to install via CLI and gui - results are the same.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!