HDD SDA out?

• This disk has several defective sectors. I think it´s going to die.

You could run a long smart test and wait for the results. Every disk has some spare sectors which are used to replace defective sectors. But if the number is high or constantly increasing it´s time to replace the disk.

You could also check the disk with some vendor specific "low level" test tool.

But at first you should make a backup of your data, if you haven´t done it yet.

OMV 3.0.99 (Gray style)
    ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1)- Fractal Design Node 304

• Thanks leo.

Actually I have a raid 5 with 4 HDD. So 1 is dead and I don’t see it in OMV because it disable (system clean, dégraded).

Is it possible:

To shutdown the nas.

Extract the bad HDD

Put a new HDD

BUT when I restart the nas, what’s happening?

And infortunally, I can’t save 6TO.

• And infortunally, I can’t save 6TO.

As stated here in the forum very often: RAID is not backup! Sorry, but you should think about it as soon as possible!

Is it possible:

To shutdown the nas.

Extract the bad HDD

Put a new HDD

I assume that it is a software mdadm RAID? As I know mdadm doesn´t work in this way. The old disk must be deregistered before it can be removed physically from the RAID.

Please use the forum search. The process was explained quite often in several forum threads.
    Maybe geaves may chime in. He seems to be the mdadm man of this forum:)

OMV 3.0.99 (Gray style)
    ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1)- Fractal Design Node 304

• It’s very strange, when I change the sda, it was my first disk. But now sda Is my second disk!!!

Is it possible??

What do you mean with "first / second disk"? I didn´t understand.

The order of the disks may change if you connect the disk to a different SATA port or if new disks are added to the system. But then sda gets sdb and so on.

OMV 3.0.99 (Gray style)

• To begin I have a problem with sda (first post). So I change the disk (first in my pc). And now I have the same error in sda. But with the serial number, the bad disk Is the second in my pc. And I m sure To not To change the order Sata because I don’t to bring the raid.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!