Burning blu rays for long term archive

• I found information on ripping blu rays, but I couldnt find any information on burning them. Does anyone have recommendations for the following:

What external blu ray drives are compatible with OMV?

What software would be compatible with the OMV web interface to burn blu rays?

What software is compatible with OMV web interface for zipping (like 7zip) or creating ISOs?

I'm planning on using blu rays to archive my pictures and videos long term. I have under 500GB of media.

I was surprised that blu rays are the best medium to do long term archiving, so I must ask: before I go down this route, is this is a bad idea?

• I'm planning on using blu rays to archive my pictures and videos long term. I have under 500GB of media.

In any case I would use M-DISC technology for archiving. M-DISC is available for DVD and Blue-Ray media. With BD-XL drives a capacity of 100GB per disc is available.

In the past I have used CD-Rs. Some of them weren´t readable anymore after 6 to 10 years.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• In any case I would use M-DISC technology for archiving. M-DISC is available for DVD and Blue-Ray media. With BD-XL drives a capacity of 100GB per disc is available.

In the past I have used CD-Rs. Some of them weren´t readable anymore after 6 to 10 years.

I've looked around and disk burning software seems to require a GUI to do it...

Do you have it set up with OMV?

• Do you have it set up with OMV?

No, My answer was related to the media you intend to use. M-DISC is inteded for long-time archiving.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!