jdowloader using jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader on Raspbian ARMHF

• Hey Guy's,

I recently came across OMV when looking for new headless PI Os's. The final thing for me to dedicate OMV as my Pi's os is getting a good downloader on it. The downloader plugin for OMV is pretty garbage (the whole no progress shown? whats up with that?) so I'm looking to host a different one. Jdownloader looks like the best way and having it as a docker image sounds even better. has anyone had any experience with this?

For reference I'm trying to use the below

https://github.com/jaymoulin/docker-jdownloader

https://hub.docker.com/layers/…70a8aa5bc?context=explore

• Offizieller Beitrag

The downloader plugin for OMV is pretty garbage

Thanks. I wrote it for myself and just happen to share. It was meant to be super simple and does exactly what I want. Quite sure it downloads too...

the whole no progress shown? whats up with that?

Since I wrote it for myself, I just add files and go do something else. I don't care about progress other than knowing when it is done. There are lots of downloader programs out there (like jdownloader as you found) that are much more advanced if you need that feature.

has anyone had any experience with this?

Not sure about that exact image but lots of people use jdownloader in a docker on this forum.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• wow that was the quickest reply I've had on a forum, didn't know it was that active.

I think my main gripe is liitle bugs with it wich is most likely just me and my scenario, I love the low power consumption of the Pi but it comes with it's downsides.

I've been using the downloader plugin the passed couple days and it definitely does download things. is it just me or does it not show the right filezise on the web gui? and mine's showing the file format as mp4, i'm thinking it's just the wack mix of this and raspbian doing something.

Also I'm interested, what made you add aria2 support?

• I use such container and have made small contributions. I definitely recommend it. Let me know if you have any issues.

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

• Offizieller Beitrag

is it just me or does it not show the right filezise on the web gui?

If the filename wasn't changed by youtube-dl, the filesize is what php is getting from the OS. I might look different because of translation of unit sizes. If it says n/a, that is because the file extension was changed by youtube-dl. If the filename isn't exact, I can't get a real file size and I don't want to try and guess which file it is.

nd mine's showing the file format as mp4

It shows whatever you select when you created the download. If the program you are using changes the extension, then it will not update. I think it dumb that the plugin specifically asks for an extension but sometimes youtube-dl will give you something else (usually caused by not having ffmpeg installed).

what made you add aria2 support?

Someone along the way in the last 7-8 years asked for it. I never use it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I use such container and have made small contributions. I definitely recommend it. Let me know if you have any issues.

I'm liking it so far, its of course slow on my Pi but that's expected. For someone who hasn't done a lot with docker and zero with cockpit/portainer like me it was a bit much at first. But after everything and realising the container was restarting and not shutting down, it's going alright.

Is there a way to manage the containered jdownloader directly instead of via the MyJdownloader site? maybe it's own web GUI?

• No, you must use MyJdownloader site.

If you find the site slow and unresponsive, take a look at Direct Connection mode, which makes a big difference. Everything is documented in the Github main page, which I have rewritten because it was a mess.

Also note that Jdownloader is made with Java so it's not fast by design :)

OMV BUILD - MY NAS KILLER - OMV 6.x + omvextrasorg (updated automatically every week)

NAS Specs: Core i3-8300 - ASRock H370M-ITX/ac - 16GB RAM - Sandisk Ultra Flair 32GB (OMV), 256GB NVME SSD (Docker Apps), Several HDDs (Data) w/ SnapRAID - Fractal Design Node 304 - Be quiet! Pure Power 11 350W

My all-in-one SnapRAID script!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!