Unable to connect to the OMV WEB interface

• I can no longer connect to the OMV WEB interface. It's OMV4 on Raspberry Pi 4.

https://192.168.0.8/

login: admin

I changed the default password and I think I type the correct one because if I type openmediavault for example it tells me that it is not the correct identifiers.

I am in https and it was not a problem before.

I am using Firefox, I tried to delete the cache and I tested with Internet Explorer.

SSH works.

I tested almost all the functions in the omv-firstaid menu

If I go to Windows Explorer in \\NAS I can see my shares and files.

Changing my password in SSH does not solve my problem.

Restarting does not solve the problem either.

A suggestion ?

• Hello, yes I'm new to Linux. On a french forum I have already been asked to type "df -h". That's right ?

Does my system have enough space?

Otherwise I receive these emails from Anacron but I don't know what that means. I don't know if it has to do with my problem :

/etc/cron.weekly/openmediavault-update-smart-drivedb:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: bad top line in state file /var/lib/logrotate/status

run-parts: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate exited with return code 1

mesg: ttyname failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device

• Offizieller Beitrag

So in omv-firstaid you used

3 Change control panel administrator password

to change the password and it did not work?

Any error message?

Check that all the characters you are typing are shown correctly in the terminal. Could be that caps lock is activated or the keyboard layout is different.

• I didn't pay attention to it, but last week I received this error message by email :

[NAS] Cron <root@NAS> /usr/lib/armbian/apt-updates

Zitat

Error: Opening the cache (W:Target Packages (main/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Contents-deb (main/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Packages (contrib/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Packages (contrib/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources .list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Contents-deb (contrib/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Packages (non-free/binary-armhf/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Packages (non-free/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-armhf) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, W:Target Contents-deb (non-free/Contents-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/so

urces.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list:1, E:LZ4F: /var/lib/apt/lists/_var_cache_openmediavault_archives_Packages.lz4 Unexpected end of file, E:LZ4F: /var/lib/apt/lists/_var_cache_openmediavault_archives_Packages.lz4 Read error (4294967295: ERROR_GENERIC), E:The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.)

• Thank you for your help.

The password change works but when I type the password in the web admin it loads for a second then it returns to the identification page without error message.

It is not a problem of caps lock or password error because if I type the wrong password I get an error message.

Zitat

Updating control panel administrator password. Please wait ...

The control panel administrator password was successfully changed

omv-update does not solve the problem.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Far be it from me to state a couple of things from the screenshot;

MobaXterm? website why is that installed?

Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.46 experimental Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) etc.

There is a guide here on how to install OMV5 on a Raspberry Pi4

• MobaXterm? website why is that installed?

MobaXterm is a terminal emulation program. It has an SSH client, X11 terminal and there are a lot of other plugins available. Personally I use MobaXTerm with an ipmitool plugin where I can send IPMI commands to my ASROCK motherboard from my Windows desktop.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

MobaXTerm with an ipmitool plugin where I can send IPMI commands to my ASROCK motherboard from my Windows desktop

:thumbup: that's a specific purpose, but I don't understand why one would install that on a Pi, looking at the warning email the sources list is also messed up.

• but I don't understand why one would install that on a Pi,

:huh: I didn´t noticed that it is installed on a PI. I thought it shows a terminal session on a PI.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn´t noticed that it is installed on a PI. I thought it shows a terminal session on a PI.

OK now you'll have to explain to the uneducated :) I'm just looking at the top section of the screenshot, so I'm assuming it's installed on the Pi, looking at the demo it's obviously not, using something like that on a dev or production server would be a handy tool but for a Pi ?(

• Hello,

MobaXterm is not installed on the Pi. It is installed on my PC. I use it for SSH commands. Isn't that how I should do it?

Full printsceen :

I'm a beginner but isn't my problem coming from a faulty web service or something like that?

• Offizieller Beitrag

MobaXterm is not installed on the Pi. It is installed on my PC. I use it for SSH commands. Isn't that how I should do it?

:) I worked that out yesterday, but just use windows command prompt, click on search type in cmd hit enter, click run as administrator, then click yes, then at prompt type in ssh root@<hostname or ip address> hit enter then type in the password.

I installed MobaXterm and unless one is going to use some of it's functionality it's not necessary.

But going back to the problem, I don't know, but your sources list needs cleaning up hence all those warnings and might have something to do with your problem, or something has been installed that in effect keeps throwing you out, but I would have thought that an option in omv-firstaid like option 2 and change the port to 81 which would mean adding that to the ip address in your browser.

But you also have Armbian installed, I never knew that it could be installed on a Pi let alone a Pi4

• I think i will do that

That´s a good idea! The image that you have used for the installation is quite old and no longer maintained. They have been removed from the original repository quite long ago.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!