Unable to make changes to network interface

• Dear all,

I want to make some tests and am trying to activate IPv6 on my main network interface. However, if I make any changes (not only when I try to activate IPv6) I get an error message when I try to save the changes.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

I checked the output of the given commands:

root@ZBOX:~# systemctl status networking.service

● networking.service - Raise network interfaces

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/networking.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2020-05-12 15:27:05 CEST; 2min 48s ago

Docs: man:interfaces(5)

Process: 8381 ExecStart=/sbin/ifup -a --read-environment (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Process: 8376 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ "$CONFIGURE_INTERFACES" != "no" ] && [ -n "$(ifquery --read-environment --list --exclude=lo)" ] && udevadm settle (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Main PID: 8381 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

CPU: 203ms

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX ifup[8381]: RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX ifup[8381]: run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/openmediavault-route exited with return code 2

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX ifup[8381]: ifup: failed to bring up eno1

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX ifup[8381]: RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX ifup[8381]: run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/openmediavault-route exited with return code 2

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX ifup[8381]: ifup: post-up script failed

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX systemd[1]: networking.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX systemd[1]: Failed to start Raise network interfaces.

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX systemd[1]: networking.service: Unit entered failed state.

Mai 12 15:27:05 ZBOX systemd[1]: networking.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

root@ZBOX:~#

If necessary I can post the output of

root@ZBOX:~# journalctl -xe

but for the moment I don't have enough understanding to filter what of the enormous output might be relevant.

I already tried to reconfigure the network interface with omv-firstaid but at the end I get the same error message as initially posted.

I would be very thankful for any ideas how to fix this problem.

• Auron88

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!