Issue with OMV5 on Raspberry 3B+ / Seems php-fpm is the issue, please save me

• Hello there, it's been 5 days that I'm trying to install last version of OMV on my RaspBerry Pi 3B+ without any success. I'm supposed to be a noob with raspbian and this kind of low-level programing / commands running but still, I spent a lot of time searching on internet & forums for a solutions and today after severals tries, I must give up.

So here is a detailed description of what I've done & what I've encountered:

1- I cleaned my SDcard, erased & did format the entire thing, then flashed the SDcard with: 2020-02-13-raspbian-buster-lite.img

2- I added an empty ssh file (with no extension) to the freshly flashed SDcard. Then plugged the SDcard in the Pi 3B+ and started the baby

3- I used wnetwatcher to get the rasp IP and used PuTTY to connect and then logged as pi user, updated pi password & root password

4- Then followed the classic tuto with

- sudo adduser pi ssh

- sudo apt-get update

- sudo apt-get upgrade

- sudo reboot (Everything going wthout any errors so far)

5- Until I login again and do:

- wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…Script/raw/master/install | sudo bash

Here after 16 minutes, in the bash I can see one error during the installation saying:

Then the installation ends with this final line:

Code
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     monit
     openmediavault
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    failed to install openmediavault package.

6- So at this stage, based on what I found on forums (here), I run:

- sudo apt-get install monit=1:5.25.2-3

During the installation I can see those items in the bash: (6 lines like that about a python Lib)

Code
    " Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working"

Then during the installation this screen appears:

7- So at the end of the installation I run:

- sudo omv-confdbadm populate

Then when I try to access the IP on my browser, I got the 502 bad gateway error of nginx (and I had already cleared my cache)

6- so here I am, I'm stuck. And apparently 'php-fpm' seems to be the problem as when I'm running:

- sudo systemctl status monit

I get:

And when I run

- sudo monit status

I get everything ok instead of:

So I think that nginx may not be working properly because of php-fpm that "Does not exist" causing monit no working well.

I restarted nginx and then checked the status with:

- sudo systemctl restart nginx

- sudo systemctl status nginx

But nginx seems to be working (everything green, no errors).

So I tried to restart php-fpm:

- sudo systemctl restart php-fpm

But get: "Failed to restart php-fpm.service: Unit php-fpm.service not found."

Ok so php-fpm isn't installed ?

I tried the same with php5-fpm, same relust, doesn't exist.

So I tried installing it manually:

- sudo apt install php-fpm

But I get:

Code
    php-fpm is already the newest version (2:7.3+69).
    php-fpm set to manually installed.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 13 not upgraded.

Wait ? so This means that php is installed, up to date, but doesn't exist right?

Guys please, I spent so many hours trying to fix this by myself, All the hardware is brand new, the SD is 32G, the PowerSupply is new. I just don't understand what is happening wrong with my installation.

I just think that it may be php but maybe I'm wrong, once again I'm a beginner.

Thanks for you support, futur helps and time.

Sudo reboot Corentin

• cabrio_leo I did, but basically I don't have the OMV webpage when reaching my IP on a browser because omv doesn't start because monit doesn't start because php seems to mess the entire thing (last part of my post)

• I have the same problem - on a Pi Zero W using USB Ethernet hub (as the docs say you must use Ethernet). Have also tried pre-installing monit as "sometimes" it fails during the OMV "wget" script. I have now tried quite a few times - I'm an IT-oldie but a Linux newbie. I think I will give up on OMC and just use Samba which installs without problems...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!