Unable to install network

• I am trying unsuccessfully to install OMV on a Dell PowerEdge server and it always hangs on the network configuration because it cannot find DHCP.

Even entering the addresses manually, then does not find the mirror.

I can think that there are no drivers for the two network cards, however OMV manages to detect them before asking for the data.

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbup:
    ==============
    1 USB Stick Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (USB 3.0 90MB/s Read - 30MB/s Write)
    2 HDD WD Blue 320GB RAID2
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• I believe I found the drivers.

Download Page for firmware-bnx2_20161130-5_all.deb

But now I can't understand how to put this file on the server.

I can't do it remotely because the network cards don't work.

From a USB stick (with Fat32 or ext4) it gives me an error when it comes to mounting it.

Since Win10 I have burned a DVD just to contain this file, but also I can't see it.

It's not easy for me, isn't there a guide with the correct commands?

However, I suggest that during the installation some tools are always installed for problems like this.

For example a tools like MC would help without having to resort to the command line.

Not everyone is a expert Linux SysAdmin.

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• apt install wget to install wget

wget https://packages.debian.org/buster/all/firmware-bnx2/download/firmware-bnx2_20161130-5_all.deb to download the file

How do I download the drivers for the network card if the network card is not installed?

Is it possible to put the file on the USB stick used to install OMV so that the network card is recognized and installed immediately?

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Ups, ok, now I understand the issue.

You could try to install debian first and then OMV on top. The driver might/should be available during installation of debian.

OK, but is it possible to put the file on the USB stick used to install OMV / Debian so that the network card is recognized and installed immediately?

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Ups, ok, now I understand the issue.

You could try to install debian first and then OMV on top. The driver might/should be available during installation of debian.

I tried with Debian, but obviously it didn't find the network card drivers.

I only know of two ways to solve the problem.

1. Mount the USB stick or CD from the terminal to copy the drivers. But I can't do it (or I'm not capable).
    2. Insert the drivers into the installation ISO (or USB stick) so that the drivers are installed immediately.

Can anyone help me?

Alternatively the only thing that comes to mind is to install XDCE and copy the files from the desk.

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• I copied the drivers, the card is activated and finally now there is Internet.

But the installation of OMV was not successful and several errors appear with the update / upgrade, while there are no updates from the OMV panel.

If everything focuses on Debian, sooner or later these problems happen because Debian does not support Firmware that is not totally Open Source.

It would have been better to use distributions like Ubuntu Server, or at least prepare a guide on how to solve these problems and install additional tools to be used in the terminal.

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• Many thanks.
    Now I'm working

==============
    4 HDD WD Green 1TB RAID5

• whitetiger

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!