OMV Extras install problems on OMV5

• Hi,

I have a clean Debian 10/Buster installation with OMV5. Trying to install OMV Extras I get an error -

Zitat

dpkg: error processing package openmediavault-omvextrasorg (--install):

installed openmediavault-omvextrasorg package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1

Full Install Log:

So the problem is with omv-salt deploy run omvextras

So I read some topics regarding this, and my sources.list

Zitat

root@anuke:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster main contrib non-free

deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ buster-updates main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security buster/updates main contrib non-free

Also apt-get -f install only shows the omv-extras package that is failing, if I purge this one there are no problems detected, also everything is up to date.

Any ideas? All pointers greatly appreciated!

• So after some digging around it looks like my OMV install is not ok because I did not have network connection when installing.

So after running

Code
    # monit restart omv-engined
    # omv-salt stage run prepare
    # omv-salt stage run deploy

I get faults with

So it looks like something in the salt stack is not ok.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Looks like a mess. Sounds like packages aren't fully installed. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat

root@anuke:~# dpkg -l | grep openm

ii openmediavault 5.4.6-1 all openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution

ii openmediavault-keyring 1.0 all GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive

iF openmediavault-omvextrasorg 5.3.2 all OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault

Yeah, I'm thinking of just reinstalling with network attached, but figured out I could try this as a challenge before I give in :D

• Offizieller Beitrag

'm thinking of just reinstalling with network attached

That is why it is failing. It needs to update the apt sources. Connect your network and try it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Sorry this was a misunderstanding, the network is up and running now, no problems. apt-get update/upgrade works ok. I just did not have the network when frist installing this, but connected it later and configured it manually.

Also a ninja edit: the netplan errors are the only ones when runing the omv-salt stage run deploy

• So I decided to do a fresh install with network connected and everything works as expected. From some other posts on this forum and in the gihtub issues it looks like there are some problems if you install OMV without internet connection when installing. Even if you fix your sources list and update apt, something somewhere is causing problems for OMV/salt.

Thanks for your help and effort!

• jinzo

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • Is there no way to install OMV without a network connection? I have a closet next to my router where I have put the server, but I won't be able to connect anything other than power and LAN to it there. I've installed OMV by lugging the server to my desktop and have run into exactly the same situation as jinzo.

• Is there no way to install OMV without a network connection? I have a closet next to my router where I have put the server, but I won't be able to connect anything other than power and LAN to it there. I've installed OMV by lugging the server to my desktop and have run into exactly the same situation as jinzo.

The LAN connection in your closet where the server is has no internet access?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• The LAN connection in your closet where the server is has no internet access?

It has plenty, but I can't plug the USB with OMV ISO into the server, go have lunch and come back to a complete installation

Upd: anyway, I used my old router as a wireless bridge to get internet access via Ethernet in my study

• The installer doesn't work that way. Some periodic human interaction is required.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!