[OMV5] Free Disk space warning

• Hello!

How can I change the warning limit of free disk space?

It is currently set at 85%. Can I increase it?

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB RAM + MicroSD 32GB Samsung UHS-I

FANTEC QB-35US3-6G Usb 3.0 Box Case + 1TB HDD + 2TB HDD + 4TB HDD

• votdev

Added the Label OMV 5.x
  • votdev

Added the Label resolved
  • is there a section where you can request new features?

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

• No, it's for monit only.

I would like to avoid getting email alerts if I have more than 50GB of free space.

Could it be for me?

openmediavault 5.5.0-1

• It also seems to impact the update management

If the device is full, then no process can create a file anymore. Cleanup the filesystem and everything works as normal. But i assume /dev/nvme0n1p2 is the root filesystem, so there is enough disk space available. Your problems must have a different reason.

• Did anyone find out how to change the threshold? I'd like the threshold to warn to be 97% but can't find where this is set???

Any updates?

Thanks!

• I am "guessing" you make the change to.

Code
    /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf

Please note that I have not tried this.

• Question votdev. The following code returns nothing - hence my assumption is this env variable is not set.

Code
    omv-env get OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE

If I want to set this variable to say 97% then is this the correct syntax? Does this apply to ALL mounted disks?

Code
    omv-env set OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE "97"
  • Question votdev. The following code returns nothing - hence my assumption is this env variable is not set.

Code
    omv-env get OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE

That is correct because the variable is currently not set. This check is done at runtime and then the hard coded default value is used.

If I want to set this variable to say 97% then is this the correct syntax? Does this apply to ALL mounted disks?

Code
    omv-env set OMV_MONIT_SERVICE_FILESYSTEM_SPACEUSAGE "97"

Yes for OMV5. In OMV6 the UI setting is per file system.

If all the plugins that you are using are ported to OMV6, then why not using it? IMO OMV6 is in a good shape and very stable.

• If all the plugins that you are using are ported to OMV6, then why not using it? IMO OMV6 is in a good shape and very stable.

votdev maybe the current label "Beta" and past communications in blog and forum discourage people to take that step.

How about:

- change label "OMV 6 Beta" to "OMV 6 RC1" in download area

- publish a post in forum and blog along above statement

omv 6.0.8 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 5.10.63

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 5.6.21-1 (usul) on RPi4/4GB with Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

• btw: the blog post should also mention the currently 2 open "known issues" and encourage to report any new issues found first in forum under a specific thread post or new section

omv 6.0.8 (Shaitan) on RPi CM4/4GB with 64bit Kernel 5.10.63

2x 6TB 3.5'' HDDs formatted with ext4 via 2port PCIe SATA card with ASM1061R chipset providing hardware supported RAID1

omv 5.6.21-1 (usul) on RPi4/4GB with Kernel 5.10.63 and WittyPi 3 V2 RTC HAT

2x 3TB 3.5'' HDDs formatted with ext4 in Icy Box IB-RD3662-C31 / hardware supported RAID1

For Read/Write performance of SMB shares hosted on this hardware see forum here

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!