• Reinstalled it, now when I log on to the webserver it just gives me a blank page (it asks for login credentials, but after that it is just a blank page) :(
    Might the mirror I choose during installation be a problem? It is a local south african mirror.

• Clear your browser Cache please.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would try different mirrors. Two fresh installs on an N40L with this many problems is really strange.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Do you install via the OMV_0.5.0.24.iso? Or do you install Debian + OMV via the package repositories?

Also which browser do you use? Try to open the debug console with CTRL+SHIFT+K on Firefox or CTRL+SHIFT+J on Chrome and look for errors while you login.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I would try different mirrors. Two fresh installs on an N40L with this many problems is really strange.

Will give that a try.

Otherwise perhaps my downloaded iso is corrupt or my hard drive is faulty (its a fresh new one though)... though it had no problems (apparently) creating my RAID 5.

(strange it is now detecting my 250Gb drive as sde and my other harddrives have shifted down a letter).

• Chose a new mirror, USA.
    Okay, now I get a red screen saying it failed to install the GRUB bootloader. Sounds like it might be the hard drive right?

EDIT: Nevemind, that would be just me forgetting to remove the other drives as I believe it can only install bootloader onto sda

• Sounds like it, can check with a spare drive?

Greetings
    David

• Zitat von "Carnajo"

Chose a new mirror, USA.
    Okay, now I get a red screen saying it failed to install the GRUB bootloader. Sounds like it might be the hard drive right?

EDIT: Nevemind, that would be just me forgetting to remove the other drives as I believe it can only install bootloader onto sda

when fail to install grub, you normally have the option to install LILO, do it.

• Offizieller Beitrag
    Zitat von "raulfg3"

I think that only works with the regular debian install images. I've never seen that option on the OMV install image.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Zitat von "raulfg3"

Hi, don't know what LILO means but my mistake was leaving the other drives in so the boot drive wasn't sda and it was trying to install grub bootloader into sda and the boot drive had become sde.

I've now reinstalled and the installation went fine, used the default USA mirror and unfortunately SSH still doesn't start on boot :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even after it is enabled?

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

Even after it is enabled?

Yes, I enabled it, reboot, doesn't start. Run the command you gave earlier and it works. Reboot again and it is off (red dot under services).
    Oh and I get "Host does not exist" but it does find the omv server from the ip address.

• Offizieller Beitrag

What is the output of:

ls -al /etc/rc?.d/*ssh

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

What is the output of:

ls -al /etc/rc?.d/*ssh

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 13 Dec 13 23:39 /etc/rc2.d/S03ssh -> ../init.d/ssh
    " etc/rc3.d/S03ssh -> ../init.d/ssh
    " etc/rc4.d/S03ssh -> ../init.d/ssh
    " etc/rc5.d/S03ssh -> ../init.d/ssh

• Zitat von "davidh2k"

Carnajo, did you click on the green button?

Greetings
    David

If you mean the red button, then yes, but it didn't turn green.

BUT, just fiddling around I went into update manager and tried installing the openssh update and the OMV update and now it works!
    Only problem now is resolving the hostname. winscp and samba only seem to connect from the IP address and not the home name. My IPs should be static but this dumbass Belkin router sometimes asigns new ones for some reason (I think if I reboot the server and the router hasn't cleared the old IP it assigns a new one). It's a small thing but I would like to resolve the host name issue.

Nonetheless, thanks for all the help guys, I hope that whatever got it to work sticks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I always fully update the box before making any settings. Why not assign a static ip on the OMV box outside your dhcp range?

• Zitat von "ryecoaaron"

I always fully update the box before making any settings. Why not assign a static ip on the OMV box outside your dhcp range?

I'm very new, was basically following online installation guides and none suggested updating, if that was the issue I apologise. Thanks for helping. :D

As for assigning a static ip, well, because I don't know how.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't have to update but I like to.

To set a static IP:

Go to System -> Network -> Interfaces Tab
    Select your adapter and click Edit
    Change IPv4 to static
    Set an address outside of one that your router would assign
    Netmask is usually 255.255.255.0
    Gateway is usually 192.168.1.1 (your router's ip address)
    Click Save
    Go to DNS server tab.
    Fill in router's IP address for Primary
    I use google's dns (8.8.8.8) for secondary
    Click Save
    Click Apply.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!