Edit /etc/host and keep changes permanently

• Can I edit /etc/hosts file and make changes permanently?

I open file with nano and this is first two lines

Code
    # This file is auto-generated by openmediavault (https://www.openmediavault.org)
    # WARNING: Do not edit this file, your changes will get lost.

= Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M3 • 2 x HDD 3.5" 4TB Western Digital Red • Windows Server 2019 • Hyper-V • OMV 5.x =

• gett

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Edit /etc/host“ zu „Edit /etc/host and keep changes permanently“ geändert.
  • Look here

Thank you for answer, but that not help me. I have a valid DNS address configured, OMV works fine. I just want to to map domain names to IP addresses in /etc/hosts. For example:

192.168.10.10:8765 heimdall.mydomain.com

= Fujitsu PRIMERGY TX1310 M3 • 2 x HDD 3.5" 4TB Western Digital Red • Windows Server 2019 • Hyper-V • OMV 5.x =

• Are you using dnsmasq? If so just create another hosts file. Save it where ever you want.

Go to this portion of your dnsmasq.conf and add the “addn” line.

Code
    # or if you want it to read another file, as well as /etc/hosts use this.
    addn-hosts=/srv/dev-disk-by-label-HomeDrive/"config files”/dnsmasq/hosts2

Obviously change the path to where you keep yours and the file name. I called mine hosts2.

Here is how my hosts2 file looks

Hopefully the formatting comes out correctly. Now mydomain resolves to my Pi.

• is not a valid hostname

Thanks, I type in hurry.

I use PiHole docker container

Unfortunately, my provider's modem don't allow me to change DNS in settings, so I'm stuck with DNS from my provider. As far as I understand, I have to change DNS in modem for using Pi hole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!