I can't change any network settings.

• Hi. How are they? I hope you are very well. I have reinstalled OMV 5 on raspbian on a raspberry pi 4 to be able to do a hybrid boot between an sd and an ssd. Everything works perfect. I can mount file systems, create shared folders, enable samba, etc, etc.

But I can't change any network settings. I need to configure a static ip and it won't let me.

These are the messages that I get.

• systemctl status networking.service

$ journalctl -xe

• Offizieller Beitrag

It looks like you install on OMV with a desktop environment. That is highly recommend against for exactly this reason. You probably still have network-manager enabled. If you want a properly functioning RPI running OMV, follow this guide - Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It looks like you install on OMV with a desktop environment. That is highly recommend against for exactly this reason. You probably still have network-manager enabled. If you want a properly functioning RPI running OMV, follow this guide - Installing OMV5 on Raspberry PI's, Armbian SBC's, & i386 32-bit platforms

Yes. Raspbian buster with desktop.

But I want to keep the desktop. Is it the only incompatibility? Because I can configure the network from raspbian desktop.

• Offizieller Beitrag

ut I want to keep the desktop. Is it the only incompatibility? Because I can configure the network from raspbian desktop.

There is thread after thread after thread on why you shouldn't do this. Desktops do things like manage config files and mount drives and other things that conflict with OMV. If you choose to keep the desktop, don't complain when you have problems.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• There is thread after thread after thread on why you shouldn't do this. Desktops do things like manage config files and mount drives and other things that conflict with OMV. If you choose to keep the desktop, don't complain when you have problems.

Ok. TH !!!

It was only a question. Many people want to keep the raspbian desktop for different reasons. But if I can't keep it, I can't.

• sismondi

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.
  • I have the same problem, despite installing raspian buster lite + OMV installation script.

I did it already 3 times, thinking that something got corrupted, but I finally found that the problem is the network.

Did I miss something?

What should I do?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!