network interface bridge create

• I am trying to create an interface bridge.

I created the following 3 files with the associated content;

After reboot the bridge is created.

Code
    7: br0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state DOWN group default qlen 1000
        link/ether fe:8b:43:6e:61:1c brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

but.....

Code
    # brctl show
    bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
    br0             8000.fe8b436e611c       no

no interface is present.

I can add it manually.

from what I can tell from syslog, the br0 interface is created before the real interface (enx00e09700528f) exists, race condition?.

Question is, how do I get the nic interface to stick to the bridge at boot time.? or, is there a better way to create a bridged interface?

Thanks,

Pete.

• votdev

Hat das Label OMV 5.x hinzugefügt.
  • did as you suggest. Thanks for the pointer.

but I had to include the mac address (which is the same as the host adaptor mac address) to get this to work.

Developers.... Would it be possible to get a "create bridge" button on the network->interfaces tab and/or an option in omv-firstaid tool?

Thanks,

Pete.

• I had everything configured with NetworkManager (nmtui).

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• yea, I tried that but it did not work (see my first post). Reading the docs for networkd it say that files in /etc/networkd/network have precedent which means that I think the "real" adaptor is not up before we try and create the bridge.

Seeing as OMV uses netplan. I would suggest this should be the recommended method to achieve a working solution.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!