Urbackup via Docker complete path (storage) not accessable

• Hallo,

docker drives me insane .....

After fixing the Docker img i tried to set the complete path - srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups/Raid1Backups/Files

The User Urbackup & Docker has R/W right on that share

The strange thing: the output of

Code
     ls -l srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups/Raid1Backups/Files 

NO SUCH FILE OR DIRECTORY (root user via SSH)

But the Full path is correclty set as you see.

Any Tipps ?

• gresec-root

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Urbackup via Docker complete path (storage) not accssable“ zu „Urbackup via Docker complete path (storage) not accessable“ geändert.
  • That is not the correct path. It should begin with a forward slash:

Code
    /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups/Raid1Backups/Files

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thanks now im getting an output

But still im getting this error:

The directory where UrBackup will save backups is inaccessible. Please fix that by modifying this folder in 'Settings' or by giving UrBackup rights to access this directory. (err_folder_not_found). No such file or directory (code: 2)

Detailed error info:

Code
    Can access /
    Can access /srv
    Cannot access /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups. No such file or directory (code: 2)
    Cannot access /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups/Raid1Backups. No such file or directory (code: 2)
    Cannot access /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups/Raid1Backups/Files. No such file or directory (code: 2)

I have given the user Docker the R/W rights to the Folder..... strange (but its noit displayed)

The User Docker is Displayed under the shared Folder if you click on Midify Shared Folder ACL.After this comand:

Code
    sudo chown docker /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups/Raid1Backups/

Im getting an error that this is an invalid user

• In your docker configuration for Volumes you have Host Volumes:

/media/database

/media/backups

What do these have to do with anything?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Im completely new to Docker? How can i edit this configuration?

Is there an conf file which i can nano /xxxxx ?

If im not wrong, i have to set a host volume path = /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups/Raid1Backups/ an Link this to the Path in the Container like /backups?

The how is now my problem ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can i edit this configuration?

You can't unless you deployed using stacks.

If im not wrong, i have to set a host volume path = /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backups/Raid1Backups/ an Link this to the Path in the Container like /backups?

Yes; outside -> inside but the outside (host) needs to be the Absolute Path

• Offizieller Beitrag

gresec-root sorry I'm going to highjack your thread to clarify a query I have :)

Morlan with urbackup moving to docker with OMV5 (I have yet to move from OMV4) to initiate this I am assuming one would stop the container and run the command in the containers console.

• geaves

i think i found a workaround, so please say something if im wrong with this approach:

in Portainer i created a new App Template an linked that to my excising Urbackup Image:

Set the required paths and created a new "container" (clicked on deploy that container)

In the urbackup case i had to set manually the ports(1 - screenshot), like in the base container
    An then set under Volume mapping fixed Bind paths

Im very new to Docker but im used to Vms so that's noting fundamental new for me.

What are stakes in Docker? the same what i did or are this only linkages ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK the one problem I have with that as gderf asked /media/database? To get that to work you would have to create that share in OMV using the rootfs share plugin, and why would you do that.

To give you an example, I have an OMV5 VM to test and play around with, I installed the rootfs share plugin and created a share for docker and in OMV's WebUI that's the path I set. Now if you have not created a folder under /media called database using the plugin that will not work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you think that docker has no right rights like R/w to /media/database

Not unless you have given it permission i.e. a docker user.

TBH I have just deployed that template on my VM as a test I'm getting the same error as your post 3, but looking at that and this one the template one has no user assigned + it has no path for the database. Your post 3 error has just appeared at the end of the log file on that template container so to me that suggests an error in the template. Another odd thing is that UrBackup initially points to C:\Urbackup this would suggest this container was initially set up on a Windows machine.

Many thanks for bringing this up, it means I can do some testing on the VM as use Urbackup on OMV4

• Offizieller Beitrag

gresec-root FYI the link I posted works!! as my workstation and my wife's laptop is already configured with a urbackup client the container finds them on the network therefore the urbackup webui does and it uses the default ports.

The webui also reports no errors, so once I move to OMV5 that will be the image I use.

• geaves - thats the only img/container that works.I tried different imgs an all of them arnt set with the right ports.....so the will fail. Im not sure how you can fix that - with templates?

I still need more info how Docker works, so i have to dig a little deeper in to the Topic ;)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I tried different imgs an all of them arnt set with the right ports

They don't need to be, the ports for the container are in/part of the image and if you look at the template if you don't set ports for the host i.e. OMV then the containers ports will be used.

The templates in portainer are a guide so the idea is you edit them for your own use, the better option is to use stacks and set a docker compose file from the link I posted this is what you would paste into a stack for Urbackup;

version: '2'

services:

urbackup:

image: uroni/urbackup-server:latest

container_name: urbackup

restart: unless-stopped

environment:

- PUID=1000 # Enter the UID of the user who should own the files here

- PGID=100 # Enter the GID of the user who should own the files here

- TZ=Europe/Berlin # Enter your timezone

volumes:

- /path/to/your/database/folder:/var/urbackup

- /path/to/your/backup/folder:/backups

# Uncomment the next line if you want to bind-mount the www-folder

#- /path/to/wwwfolder:/usr/share/urbackup

network_mode: "host"

# Activate the following two lines for BTRFS support

#cap_add:

# - SYS_ADMIN

you then edit that for your own needs and that is what I did and it deployed without errors and the urbackup webui worked, but I created one share urbackup then a subfolder named database.

• with urbackup moving to docker with OMV5 (I have yet to move from OMV4) to initiate this I am assuming one would stop the container and run the command in the containers console.

When you stop the container you cant execute the command. :)

gresec-root I think the best path for you is to delete the old container and folders and start fresh by deploying a stack with these commands:

I didnt know of the template in Portainer but it uses an unofficial image (which is not necessarily bad).

• The folder /media/database is on my system partition:

Urback is now working.

Do you think that docker has no right rights like R/w to /media/database ?

How large is your system disk, or asked another way, how long before your system disk gets filled up?

--

• My system disk is a 120gig SSD - Openmediavault uses only 5 or 6 gig in the root partition

I checked my /media/database folder: Backuped up 3 PCs (Files and IMG)

I think im save ;)

In retrospect, my openmediavault 4 installation used also urbackup(Plugin) and in this case all the core database was also on the internal Partition (i never had any problems with space)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!