sharedfolders messed up after reboot

• Dear All,

I‘ve tried to install a WLAN Adapter this morning, which failed when trying to apply the configuration. I‘ve tried and failed several times, and always rolled back the configuration again. I gave up and rebooted my NAS. Afterwards all sharedfolders were empty. As I use Unifi in a Docker container, which relies on a shared Appdata folder, my whole network is down as well.

I‘ve recovered from the initial shock, after I‘ve realized, that all my data is still correctly available under /srv/dev-by-disk-.... However, I‘m unable to recreated the sharedfolder structure so my system remains unusable.

I‘ve tried to remove Rsync jobs, SMB shares, deleted and recreated shares via the OMV web-ui, but no folders are created under /sharedfolders anymore.

Any idea how to fix that will be much appreciated.

I‘m on OMV 5.4.7-1 Usul with 5.5.0-0.bpo.2-amd64 backport kernel, if it helps...

• .....but no folders are created under /sharedfolders anymore.

Due to excessive numbers of problems, OMV no longer populates /sharedfolders. If you really must have this capability (back) then see this post for the fix, but change the word NO to YES.

RE: Sharedfolder

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank You, Sir! That was it. My system is working again...

Gee, what a relief! I increasingly understand why votdev decided not to provide an official upgrade pathway this time.

Just for my understanding: Is it "good practice" now, that

- Shares continue to exist, but do no longer bind to the /sharefolder tree

- The whole /sharedfolder tree should no longer exist/be required

- Instead docker containers should reference the /srv/... tree directly

So, if I adapted all docker containers accordingly, I could disable the sharedfolders again and live happily ever after?

• You have a good understanding of it.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!