Problem with nfs shares

• I've several nfs shares configured on OMV using the options "rw,subtree_check,insecure". The client machine runs Ubuntu 20.04 server with autofs to connect to the shares on demand. This works but if the OMV server is powered off and back on I cannot reconnect to the shares from the client without rebooting the client. I can ping the OMV server OK but no access to the shares. This is the same if I configure the client to use nfs 3 or 4.

Edit: I have setup a second device with the same packages as a clinet: nfs-common and autofs. Used the same autofs config files. All works fine on the second device. So OMV is not the problem (never thought it was anyway).

Any clues on how to fix this?

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von johnvick ()

• After several hours and much searching and testing I found the problem was UFW on my Ubuntu device. It looks thereore that on boot the nfs shares connect before the firewall is up, which was why I didn't think of this at first. Allowing nfs through the firewall and all good now.

Inwin MS04 case with 315 W PSU

ASUS Prime H310i-Plus R2.0 board

Two port PCI-E SATA card

16GB Kingston DDR4

Intel Pentium Coffee Lake G5400 CPU

Samsung Evo M.2 256GB OS drive

4x4TB WD Red NAS drives + 1x4TB + 1x5TB Seagate drives - MergerFS pool

Seagate 5TB USB drives - SnapRAID parity x 2

• votdev

Hat das Label gelöst hinzugefügt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!