Lower than expected file transfer speed using OMV5 on RPi4

• 1GB network but LAN or WiFi connection?

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

I suggest you start testing to find out what the problem is.

Try to isolate various possible problem causes. Test only that. Try to swap hardware.

For instance there is no point in looking for problems in OMV or the RPI4 if other computers, using the exact same network ports and cables, also have low performance.

Try to be systematic and eliminate causes until you find out exactly what the problem is. Think of it as a form of detective work. Look for clues. Good luck!

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Thank you Adoby, meanwhile I have checked all components involved for specs and all appear to be ready for GB network. I couldn't find any indication for a transfer bottleneck.

Former setups with other harddisks reached acceptable speeds so I decided to remove the HD and do partitioning and fromatting all over.

Went back to OMV and skipped the wipe in "Disks" this time, had to create in "File Systems" though (something I don't know why OMV wants to format the disk again) and so forth.

This time the performance was better by far, reached transfer peaks of 90 MB/sec. Apparently there was something wrong with disk organisation.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!