sata hard resetting link

• Dear Sir/Madam,

My OMV nas has worked really well since i upgraded my hardware.

Now one of the raid systems is having some kind of issue : /dev/md127 which consists of four 3tb Toshiba disks.

any file activity is slow & unresponsive on the filesystem, and if for example a copy a file from a folder on the md127 filesystem to another folder on md127.

i get these kind of errors in my /var/log/messages :

Which is all 4 drives in md127.

i have swapped out some of the sata cables, but the same errors on the disks that i have swapped data cables on keep appearing.

i have another raid md126 , attached to the same sata controller, that i do not have any issues with.

any help on this is very appreciated!.

Br
    Patric

• i have swapped out some of the sata cables, but the same errors on the disks that i have swapped data cables on keep appearing.

Have you swapped cables from md126 to md127, if you're still getting errors then I would look to the controller as you've not said what these drives are connected too.

• I have not moved cables between controllers.

md126 is connected to my gigabyte mainboard sata controller

md127 is connected to 2:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 0625 (rev 01) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])

which is a pcie plugin controller.

but i have replaced cables with brand new ones, and the ata device errors remain on the disks that have new cables.

I guess your suggestion would be best, move the md127 array to the onboard controller and test.

Br

Patric

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!