sata hard resetting link

• Dear Sir/Madam,

My OMV nas has worked really well since i upgraded my hardware.

Now one of the raid systems is having some kind of issue : /dev/md127 which consists of four 3tb Toshiba disks.

any file activity is slow & unresponsive on the filesystem, and if for example a copy a file from a folder on the md127 filesystem to another folder on md127.

i get these kind of errors in my /var/log/messages :

Which is all 4 drives in md127.

i have swapped out some of the sata cables, but the same errors on the disks that i have swapped data cables on keep appearing.

i have another raid md126 , attached to the same sata controller, that i do not have any issues with.

any help on this is very appreciated!.

Br
    Patric

• Offizieller Beitrag

i have swapped out some of the sata cables, but the same errors on the disks that i have swapped data cables on keep appearing.

Have you swapped cables from md126 to md127, if you're still getting errors then I would look to the controller as you've not said what these drives are connected too.

• I have not moved cables between controllers.

md126 is connected to my gigabyte mainboard sata controller

md127 is connected to 2:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. Device 0625 (rev 01) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])

which is a pcie plugin controller.

but i have replaced cables with brand new ones, and the ata device errors remain on the disks that have new cables.

I guess your suggestion would be best, move the md127 array to the onboard controller and test.

Br

Patric

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!