1st Reboot OMV5, Docker defaults

• Hi Guys,

Rebooted tonight for the first time post OMV5 upgrade from 4. Upon boot, none of my containers started. Investigation shows that none of them were found (did a docker list). I went into the configuration page in OMV-Extras and found that the default path had been placed inside (/var/lib/... ). The actual path of my containers is /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Storage/DockerImages. I changed this and restarted the docker service...however, it won't recognize my previous containers and says that none are there to start.

Can someone point me in the right direction so I don't have to recreate all my containers?

• Examine the /etc/docker/daemon.json file and see if the correct path is in there.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Hiya,

Yep, it is:

Code
    root@windmill:~# cat /etc/docker/daemon.json
    {
      "data-root": "/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Storage/DockerImages"
    }

Code
    root@windmill:~# docker images
    REPOSITORY          TAG                 IMAGE ID            CREATED             SIZE
    root@windmill:~# 
  • I dunno, sure the docker service is running?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Yep:

• As it is now, this is dead in the water...no containers being recognized at all, nothing being started, can't start them manually because Docker can't see them.

I'm not sure what's going on to be honest...it should just be able to be pointed toward a new location and pick up the data inside. I've done that before with vanilla Debian. But something else is happening here and I'm not sure what it is.

• Yeah this is definitely an OMV5 issue. I just spun up a vanilla Debian VM and was able to migrate the docker path with no issues.

I upgraded my OMV 4 to OMV 5 and all fourteen of my existing dockers came over without any problems, and it has been rebooted a few times since the upgrade which was last year, so I wouldn't blame it on OMV 5.

Have you double checked that the path you are using for Docker storage actually contains stuff? Other than that I have no other ideas.

--

• Yep, paths were correct...because I rebooted the server, and things just magically came up. So very strange. It was like it couldn't see anything at all in the directory when I changed it back to where it should have been....and no amount of service restarts would force it to see. I am one of those old school folks that don't want to reboot servers EVER.

Sometimes you gotta use the heavy hammer I guess lol.

• LOL. At least nobody made the terribly overused suggestion of reinstalling from scratch. ;)

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!